Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

I should have bought a dbs I think. I do like the outside mount for the antenna wires on this one though. I'm surprised not that many people have responded

Just skimming through this thread and looking at distances people are posting with this mod. I don't really understand. I for sure got 2300m using stock remote. Would this help me go further?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just curious was that over water and did you ever lose your video feed or get real choppy?

Just curious was that over water and did you ever lose your video feed or get real choppy?

Yes. Over water. No choppy feed. Good free entire way. I was surprised to say the least. As I tried to go further it just went completely black so I initiated rth. 10 mins later it was overhead.

Although you can often get much longer distances over water, it's probably not the best method for benchmarking range. RF reflections will depend very heavily on the surface condition of the water, and will be attenuated significantly when the water is choppy versus when it is calm. However, on calm days, it does seem to be the best way to get long ranges.

Reactions: Maverick81
Today flew stock P3S with a windsurfer over 9200ft. 1.7mi. I was scared to say the least...[emoji15] my first time just letting it fly straight out until losing connection. It took like 5-10min before it started beeping for RTH.

1954f9c5ceca341daffee31e98e8d47f.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
I received my argtek the other day but haven't had the time to install. Will keep you all posted once I do.

Reactions: dirkclod
I just installed mine last night. I will emphasize like the others to be very careful when pulling the old connections off and cutting away the liquid electrical tape. I bent one of my board connections and had to make it round again so it could take the new ARGtek wire and I was being as careful as I could. Unlike the others, I used white liquid electrical tape to reseal the connection.

BTW, ebay now has them for $70, I paid $75.

Reactions: jointeffort
I just hooked up the ARGtek and tried with one battery. At 300 feet high got 1960feet. Not much more then the stock.

I flew today for the first time with ARGtek and was 380ft high and 2800ft out before I received the warnings about a weak signal and lost video for a second or two. I may have received some interference from some high-power lines that were behind me.

I am getting 3500 to 5000 with my ARGTEK.
I am flying over flat land with no obstructions.
Also I have video the whole time. This is why I purchased this mod. I am happy with the results I got.

Reactions: jointeffort
I just installed mine last night. I will emphasize like the others to be very careful when pulling the old connections off and cutting away the liquid electrical tape. I bent one of my board connections and had to make it round again so it could take the new ARGtek wire and I was being as careful as I could. Unlike the others, I used white liquid electrical tape to reseal the connection.

BTW, ebay now has them for $70, I paid $75.
Where do you get liquid electrical tape? I was just thinking of using some silicone from Home Depot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart