Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

You think better than using silicone on the argtek connections?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I think the liquid tape is what DJI uses. It looked exactly the same and had the same texture. I felt better using this then the other products since that is what it is designed for.

Reactions: jointeffort
I think the liquid tape is what DJI uses. It looked exactly the same and had the same texture. I felt better using this then the other products since that is what it is designed for.
Thanks Andy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've never used nothing but hot glue . Old school I guess but has never failed me on connecters and is what I always have handy .
I just don't get carried away with it as I have some .

I've never used nothing but hot glue . Old school I guess but has never failed me on connecters and is what I always have handy .
I just don't get carried away with it as I have some .
Same here.
Old school too.

And no old people jokes you young whippersnappers....lol

Well, after 6 weeks of waiting for mine to arrive from Taiwan with no updates to the tracking information, I asked for and received a refund as it seems to be lost in the mail. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any other non-Taiwan vendor who will ship to Canada, including the Amazon ones. :(

Well, after 6 weeks of waiting for mine to arrive from Taiwan with no updates to the tracking information, I asked for and received a refund as it seems to be lost in the mail. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any other non-Taiwan vendor who will ship to Canada, including the Amazon ones. :(

There is always the DBS option, which is probably better.

Of course, after I receive the refund, the Argtek kit promptly arrives in the mail. I guess I'll resend the payment.

Anyway, my initial testing shows that the kit works, but I only got about a third more range. I tried to have my testing as consistent as possible, with a flight height of 122 m (400') running directly south from my home across farmland.

My initial stock testing showed a range of about 1262 m before the signal started dropping:
1%20-%20Original%20Flight%20Screenshot.png

2%20-%20Original%20Flight%20Log.png

With the Argtek antennas, I made it to about 1694 m before the signal dropped:
3%20-%20New%20Flight%20Screenshot.png

4%20-%20New%20Flight%20Log.png

However, there are a couple of variables. One is that I had changed the wifi channel on my home router a few weeks ago. I'll be putting that back to the same as it was on the original flight to ensure that there was no relative interference. However, I believe that it was set a few channel slots away from what the P3S controller was transmitting, so that is unlikely to make much of a difference. The humidity was also 86% today, whereas it was only 2% on the original flight. I'll try again when the humidity is closer to see if it has an effect.

Overall, the antenna kit works, but not quite to the extent advertised.

I am actually less interested in distance on this mod, and more interested of quality of signal... I can run my P3S out to 4000 feet routinely, but I get super choppy video starting at around 2500-3000 feet. Even if the distance isn't all that much further, if I can get a nice stable video link at distance, that is what I am after.

So that being said, if anyone who has bought and installed this wants to review that aspect, I am more than interested ;)
I'm not all the way through this post yet too do my review but please dont waste your money I'll post as soon as I can

Really wish I would have seen this discussion before buying this Mod! First kit had a bad connector so I sent it back 2nd kit seemed to be fine after inspecting connectors under high powered mag. When tests began I started straight up too 200' and received a weak signal but returned strong so I went up too 400' and still fine. started to go out and reception was still constantly coming and going (never had these problems w/ stock RC). At about 2500' I lost every thing and my nightmare began! I proceeded to different parts of my yard to get something but nothing. By then I didn't even have a line of sight on it(now starting to panic big time). It was not clear in my mind if RTH was actually engaged or not and if doing it manually would work having a black screen (still able to see a silhouette of the map though) so I started making my way to the truck to maybe chase it down (LOL) when my screen came back. 6 mins left of battery! I control forward and distance increases I control backwards and the distance increases(%^@!#$*). By the way I still don't have video but I can see the distance values. With 4 mins left I hear a buzzing and bye God the thing is behind me and full video comes back the only thing is she's goin down! I find her 20 mins later in (believe or not) almost perfect shape besides 1 scratched prop. The next day I without hesitation go back too stock but video is so choppy I can't even fly. What the Hell have I done? Its 3 wires for pete sake and they all snap in tightly! Any help would be so appreciated. I never should have messed w/ a good thing but just wanted to have better video quality. Forgot to mention that well before the mod the choppiness in the video was starting to get worse and worse but I thought maybe it had something to do w/ the memory in my phone getting low (not the case).

Really wish I would have seen this discussion before buying this Mod! First kit had a bad connector so I sent it back 2nd kit seemed to be fine after inspecting connectors under high powered mag. When tests began I started straight up too 200' and received a weak signal but returned strong so I went up too 400' and still fine. started to go out and reception was still constantly coming and going (never had these problems w/ stock RC). At about 2500' I lost every thing and my nightmare began! I proceeded to different parts of my yard to get something but nothing. By then I didn't even have a line of sight on it(now starting to panic big time). It was not clear in my mind if RTH was actually engaged or not and if doing it manually would work having a black screen (still able to see a silhouette of the map though) so I started making my way to the truck to maybe chase it down (LOL) when my screen came back. 6 mins left of battery! I control forward and distance increases I control backwards and the distance increases(%^@!#$*). By the way I still don't have video but I can see the distance values. With 4 mins left I hear a buzzing and bye God the thing is behind me and full video comes back the only thing is she's goin down! I find her 20 mins later in (believe or not) almost perfect shape besides 1 scratched prop. The next day I without hesitation go back too stock but video is so choppy I can't even fly. What the Hell have I done? Its 3 wires for pete sake and they all snap in tightly! Any help would be so appreciated. I never should have messed w/ a good thing but just wanted to have better video quality. Forgot to mention that well before the mod the choppiness in the video was starting to get worse and worse but I thought maybe it had something to do w/ the memory in my phone getting low (not the case).
That was the reason I went to that mod. It has worked great for me. I don't understand the trouble you are having. Why it works fantastic for some, so-so for others, and just plain bad for others? Its amazing the wide range of progress it is getting. I mean I was getting great distances with my stock antenna. Went to this to increase my FPV video and it worked great for me. I can go a mile, (although I don't really have a need to) without losing the video now.

That was the reason I went to that mod. It has worked great for me. I don't understand the trouble you are having. Why it works fantastic for some, so-so for others, and just plain bad for others? Its amazing the wide range of progress it is getting. I mean I was getting great distances with my stock antenna. Went to this to increase my FPV video and it worked great for me. I can go a mile, (although I don't really have a need to) without losing the video now.
Do different areas GREATLY effect your distances? Unfortunately w/ my fun time I haven't left my yard since I bought it. l live in township area

Do different areas GREATLY effect your distances? Unfortunately w/ my fun time I haven't left my yard since I bought it. l live in township area
Most definitely does .

Was just watching a video I took an something caught my attention that hadn't before,a huge cell tower. Issue w/ wi/fi?
Could be .Lots of stuff will cause issues . I did this to see what towers did and really didn't have any issues but not all towers are the same.

Could be .Lots of stuff will cause issues . I did this to see what towers did and really didn't have any issues but not all towers are the same.
Love the videos bro! Seriously the only ones I haven't turned the volume down,Hell I cranked it. what coal mine was that?

Reactions: dirkclod
Love the videos bro! Seriously the only ones I haven't turned the volume down,Hell I cranked it. what coal mine was that?
lol
Which one ya talking about the coal barge .
And thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor