Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

I have mine installed and the DYI video is currently converting and when done I will upload it to YouTube and post it here. It took me about 45 minutes to do the install. If the forecast holds and I get off work at my normal time I will take the Phantom 3 S out and test it out at a place that I have reached just about 2500 feet before my signal started to break up. Just to let everyone know. I have never done a DYI video before. But it will give you a good idea of how the antenna is installed. If it helps one person then I will be happy.

My DYI video of the install. Hope that it helps someone. If the forecast holds I will test it out tomorrow after work. My best stock has been 2500 feet out and then the video starts to break up. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: kmaluo
Installed mine as well. Super easy to install. BUT take your time cutting the silicone off the connectors. I might have messed my controller up but ripping off one of the grounds? for the antenna on the 2.4 I hot glued everything back on. Everything seems good so far. Video doesn't stutter anymore that I can tell. It's currently 13 degrees out with 15 mph winds so I made a quick run. As for the case, I hacked up my DJI hard case and it fits now without the antennas on.

My DYI video of the install. Hope that it helps someone. If the forecast holds I will test it out tomorrow after work. My best stock has been 2500 feet out and then the video starts to break up. Fingers crossed :)

I think pink hot glue guns need to be used exclusively

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 479
Made three flights this afternoon with the new antenna. At a place that I have flown before. My maximum distance there before the signal began to break up was about 2500 feet. First flight I lost the signal at 900 feet, the second flight lost signal around 800 feet and the third flight lost complete signal and it came back on its own. If all three flights had been about the same I would blame the antenna. I started thinking back to last night about the wire from the center antenna to the board connection. I had a hard time getting it attached. Maybe it was only making so so contact and the only thing holding it in place was the hot glue. I took the controller apart when I got home cleaned the hot glue off all three connections. I checked all three. the two connections for the side antennas were secure to the board. The connectors for the center antenna were secure like the other two. I managed to get it to snap into place. And this time instead of hot glue I used silicone around the connections. Now I will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest to go out and try it again. I hope that my connection error was the cause of today's failure. I will keep everyone up to date.

Is it safe to assume that you still had a solid video signal, and it was just the RC signal being dropped? At any rate, multiple negative experiences so far certainly don't bode well for this kit.

Just based on the specs of this antenna it is hard to believe it wouldn't be better especially with the 2.4 exposed and not in the Tx. What are the specs of the stock antenna?

Just Checked my shipping info and my Argtec is getting deliverd today. The weather here has took a turn for the worst but its gonna be a little warmer next week. I'll test it out next wek

Mine has been in Chicago for a couple of days now. I live in the suburbs but the update on Ebay sometimes doesn't have any info at all..........right now there is no shipping info other than tracking number. Last night it said it got into Chicago on the 8th.....

Mine has been in Chicago for a couple of days now. I live in the suburbs but the update on Ebay sometimes doesn't have any info at all..........right now there is no shipping info other than tracking number. Last night it said it got into Chicago on the 8th.....
Its was the same with mine there was no info and then it showed up at my post office this morning after a few days in Chicago.

Its really nasty here today in the teens with wind gusts. Not gonna get back in the 30's till the first of the week. Last week was perfect weather.

I'm real hesitant to pull the trigger on this due to mixed reviews... Does this mod work, maybe, or no?!

cb52085f46cb27d3a61e17b033c1b2b6.jpg

8899ca5e14006bf0792938069564e852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To be honest, I'm starting to think that there's something specific in the installation that can either make or break the performance. Although I was thinking that the connections on the 2.4 GHz card could likely be interchanged without detriment, I'm wondering if that's actually the case. I doubt that there should be any difference, but the contrast of reviews has me grasping at straws.

I'm still waiting to see what it does on mine . I've had it installed for a couple days but the weather has been so horrible I haven't been able to test it . It will be late next week probably .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart