Well, I finally received my P3P and Camera View is a no-go...

Reaction score
Even though I have read of success using an HTC One (M8) as a monitoring device, I believe I am not having the same luck. I have the latest DJI Go app loaded. I turn on the controller, then the P3P and connect the HTC to the controller and launch the app. I am signed in, but camera view is not an option (at least on the equipment page). I can see the other pages. Am I simply a noob doing something wrong, or is this an indication that the HTC is not a compatible device. I'm just not sure what I am supposed to see or not see. I have not updated the firmware on the controller or the P3P, but I am just trying to play with the app in the house before attempting any flights. Could that be the issue?

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

So I assume that you have told the app that you have a P3? It is several pages over from where it starts with the Inspire 1. There also should be a how to connect option
at the bottom of the page. Since I'm using in iPhone 6, I'm just guessing that the app is basically the same. Sometimes my bird takes a minute to connect, other times it connects immediately. It didn't give me the enter camera option until I had set it up the first time.

Hi James, Sounds like the app is similar for android. I did "slide over" to the P3, and it also said how to connect. Pressing that basically shows turning on the controller, then the P3, connect to a mobile device and then says returning to the equipment page "you should now be able to enter Camera View". I didn't know if I have to select something called Camera View or if it was automatic upon returning to the equipment page. I wasn't sure if by nothing coming up, that was an indicator that my device was not compatible or if you would literally say somewhere that it was. You mention "setting it up the first time" before a camera option presented itself. What "setup" did you preform?
Thanks!
Jeff

Just what you have mentioned. Once you start your control, turn on the drone and connect your phone you should see that the how to connect button changes to a enter camera view button. On mine, pressing that takes you into the camera view. It takes a bit for the gamble to cycle and sing it's song then the camera should come on. I would try another device if you have a friend with an IPhone or IPad and see if they work. If they do the fault may be your phone, if they don't I would suspect a problem with the drone.

I have found numerous USB cables between the remote and the tablet don't work. I'd try a different cable that's made for data not charging.

Sorry for taking so long to come back with the solution (at least in my case). I needed to turn USB debugging mode on. I have no idea why that is required, but it did work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.