weird P4 motor noise

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my p4's motor's got a weird noise, listen here:

never had no crash, I can hear a kind of whistling when it's flying. I noticed that it's a bit shaky some times as well.

Thanks for your answers

Simon

Be sure there's no dirt or sand in it. You might blow it out to be sure.

Re the whistling, lots of people have had a whistling sound from one of the motors. People speculate that the bearings are worn out, etc. But nothing ever seems to happen.

Good luck.

Check if that prop mounting plate is loose. See this video:

Last edited:
Be sure there's no dirt or sand in it. You might blow it out to be sure.

Re the whistling, lots of people have had a whistling sound from one of the motors. People speculate that the bearings are worn out, etc. But nothing ever seems to happen.

Good luck.
Hi Mark, I just blowed pressurized air in it, doesn't change that sound !

Hi everyone, my p4's motor's got a weird noise, listen here:

never had no crash, I can hear a kind of whistling when it's flying. I noticed that it's a bit shaky some times as well.

Thanks for your answers

Simon
Hi do other motors sound like that,should be quite when turned like that,got curved electro magnets,either one moved or motor not spinning straight,any play in it ,up down left or right,might still fly but not sound good to me,hold upside down and turn ,mayby something might fall out,also check you still got 3 plastic clips that lock prop,,as for whistle that near normal

If you're gonna blow it out, I'd remove the motor, hold it upside down, and blow it out from the bottom of the motor. Turn it a few times and repeat. Good luck.

@Dronus, does that white prop mounting plate wiggle at all? If not, the metal tabs might be flexing more than they should.

If you think the metal tabs are causing the problem, it would be best to upgrade to the new prop installation kit (which uses springs instead of metal tabs). You can buy the new prop installation kit here on Amazon or from DJI here (you'll need two kits). It can be easily installed in a few minutes like this.

@Dronus, does that white prop mounting plate wiggle at all? If not, the metal tabs might be flexing more than they should.

If you think the metal tabs are causing the problem, it would be best to upgrade to the new prop installation kit (which uses springs instead of metal tabs). You can buy the new prop installation kit here on Amazon or from DJI here (you'll need two kits). It can be easily installed in a few minutes like this.

Hey, thanks for the tips ! I realized this morning that this flexible metal part could be changed for springs ... I'm goin to order on your link to try.

A bit thank you guys for your time, I fixed the problem :

I tried a lot of different thing but I figured out that it came from the propeller mounting plate ! msinger was right.
I tried to tighten the screws at the top of the motor but it was useless so I inverted to mounting plates and it was due to that piece, the motor was OK. After buying a new one it works perfectly !

Thanks again to everyone, I hope that will help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20