weird marks on props

Reaction score
hello pilots

recently ive noticed some kind of strange marks on my props.. it isnt dirt.. ive shed some bright light from the other side and it seem like its coming from the plastic or sth.. props are new with very little of flight time and i dont know if these marks are coming from stress because of high winds for example..

ive seen that thing many times before but never asked.. birdy is brand new.. props are coming from the previous bird.. fc died suddently (remember all these posts with imu errors etc?? they were all coming from fc) .. anyway.. does anyone know if i have to throw them or its just fine to fly with them??

thanks

Attachments

• PSX_20201130_222731.jpg
    PSX_20201130_222731.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 310
hello pilots

recently ive noticed some kind of strange marks on my props.. it isnt dirt.. ive shed some bright light from the other side and it seem like its coming from the plastic or sth.. props are new with very little of flight time and i dont know if these marks are coming from stress because of high winds for example..

ive seen that thing many times before but never asked.. birdy is brand new.. props are coming from the previous bird.. fc died suddently (remember all these posts with imu errors etc?? they were all coming from fc) .. anyway.. does anyone know if i have to throw them or its just fine to fly with them??

thanks
Yeh strange markings,almost look like inside the prop ,I probably be bit cautious unless I can get access to a ultra sound machine,,book yourself appointment at docs and say I'm ok but can you gel my props please lol,,

Yeh strange markings,almost look like inside the prop ,I probably be bit cautious unless I can get access to a ultra sound machine,,book yourself appointment at docs and say I'm ok but can you gel my props please lol,,
haha.. that was a good one!! sooo.. what makes this cosmetic change?? is that silver dot decoloring up there??

haha.. that was a good one!! sooo.. what makes this cosmetic change?? is that silver dot decoloring up there??
Gezz I don't know,I think if it was the color it would be more below the top,,your pic shows it further down the prop like its internal,,I presume you cant feel the texture but something weird there,,made me check mine but mine ok,has me bit stumped

no this doesnt seem as a crack.. it feels like nothing if i put my fingers on.. thought that the plastic maybe gets polymerised or sth.. ive put them away as backups as ive noticed turbulance while hovering.. not sure if that weird thing has to be blamed.. but after a prop change there was no turbulance..

?

It looks like smudges from rubbing against something metallic, maybe even the centres of other props when off the drone.
no.. theres no such a thing.. the only metallic thing that comes to contact with the props are the motors... nothing else..

the black props?? so.. they get discolored somehow?? ?

Don't the props have a chance to rub against each other in the case?
okay.. lets say its because of black blades rubbing onto the whites during transport.. how about the perfect circle in the center?? its not under the blade to say thats because of metal rubbing on the plastic..

so weird to my eyes..

okay.. lets say its because of black blades rubbing onto the whites during transport.. how about the perfect circle in the center?? its not under the blade to say thats because of metal rubbing on the plastic..

so weird to my eyes..
Do you want to rephrase that ?
I can't follow what you are trying to say.

Do you want to rephrase that ?
I can't follow what you are trying to say.
if the props are rubbing during transport there would be visible marks on the blades from the decoloration.. but.. how can the circle on the center of the blade can be made so perfectly?? the only perfect circle that could do it both in black and silver props is from the motors during tightening.. but that circle from the upper side.. where the colored dots are.. not underneath where it should be a sign of rubbing on sth metallic..

if the props are rubbing during transport there would be visible marks on the blades from the decoloration.. but.. how can the circle on the center of the blade can be made so perfectly?? the only perfect circle that could do it both in black and silver props is from the motors during tightening.. but that circle from the upper side.. where the colored dots are.. not underneath where it should be a sign of rubbing on sth metallic..
I can't understand what you are saying.
The only perfect circle I see is the metallic boss of the propeller hub and it's circular because it's made that way.
But the marks look like smudges from rubbing on something.

I agree with Meta4. I think the black hubs are "writing" on the white blades when stored together. I think that's a likely and reasonable explanation. The "perfect circle" seen around the silver hub looks like the correct radial distance for the black hub to be contacting the blade if the hubs were stored side by side against each other -- which is commonly the way I think we all toss storred blades together in a tight storage area when not in use.

What phantom do these props belong to? They don’t look like a phantom 4 series aircraft prop based on the silver tops.
Well they are 9450’s and this is the Pro/Adv section soooo?‍♂️

What phantom do these props belong to? They don’t look like a phantom 4 series aircraft prop based on the silver tops.
Good point,man I search and search but seen nothing of these markings,I dont disagree that they are or were rubbing on something ,I went through all my props that are lose in a box moving freely with heaps of stuff on top and had no Mark's anywhere so stratching my head,,,,on the other hand the prop in left side of pic almost replicates a internal fracture but it's not consistent with other markings,,,decision for me is made,,,where's that bin,,problem solved lol

Last edited by a moderator:
so are these weird marks a sign that props are off and have to order new ones??
i store them in the black dji cloth (only the 4 drone needs) and put in the carryin case in a section that only props must be store in there..

as for the circle.. its not in the bottom of the props to say that it caused from the motors when tightening props on them.. its to the other side where black and silver dots (yes this circle is apparent in the top of all props) are and still cant understand what kind of thing made it..

Hey mayby that's it,somehow the bag has given off some residue at some time,empty bag while props in use got couple drops of water or something and transferred it to the props like dye,,,,hey I not me offence when I said bin,I would if I was unsure so get them out the bin lol

no offecne.. if its just prop decoloration (ive put silica gels inside the carryin case to keep away humidity.. maybe its time to replace the small bags) next thing to take care is the balancing because as ive said before ive seen turbulance during hovering and didnt understand in that moment witch is causing it.. so if some of them are unbalanced then im gonna take the bin and put them inside for safety.. ??

im gonna order new just to be sure.. better without 20 bucks than without my little birdy..

I believe you will discover that's the manufacturer's direction "carrot"of how to attach that prop to a motor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.