weird marks on props

Can the marks be cleaned off with a cloth dampened with alcohol or cleaning solution? If so, it might just be tiny bits of wear from the motor bearings being attracted to the blades by static electricity ..... generated by the flex point of the plastic prop near the hub.

I did notice this, which is why I asked for clarification on model.
The pictured props don’t look like any DJI oem props for a p4 series aircraft.
You are correct he has a P3A from reading his back post.

When I first started flying I would many strange markings on my props , they turned a strange green color , I can only admit I was not a very good tree trimmer.

• Haha
Reactions: KachemakDiver
okay.. lets say its because of black blades rubbing onto the whites during transport.. how about the perfect circle in the center?? its not under the blade to say thats because of metal rubbing on the plastic..

so weird to my eyes..
What perfect circle?? Don't see one? I can see part of a "D" that is cast into the blade.
I tried rubbing the black hubs of my props onto a blade and nothing showed. I did however get a little white spot where the black paint rubbed off!!

If the discoloration cannot be removed by cleaning with alcohol, then the discoloration is in the plastic itself. Injection molding machines (which are used to make these props) have a barrel which is filled with melted plastic that is moved forward in that barrel with an auger like (screw) and then injected into a cooled metal mold to form the prop. Plastic parts are molded in various colors, so when the next job comes up for the injection molding machine ...... the current material of (one color) has to be purged out of the machine before the next material (and color) can start a production run. It is quite common for the first few parts of the new production run to have traces or streaks of the previous color in them. These parts are usually rejected and discarded as the last traces of the previous run is pushed forward and out of the barrel. It really is not hard to imagine a few parts with minor visual defects getting through the OC process and ending up in a customers hands.

hello pilots

recently ive noticed some kind of strange marks on my props.. it isnt dirt.. ive shed some bright light from the other side and it seem like its coming from the plastic or sth.. props are new with very little of flight time and i dont know if these marks are coming from stress because of high winds for example..

ive seen that thing many times before but never asked.. birdy is brand new.. props are coming from the previous bird.. fc died suddently (remember all these posts with imu errors etc?? they were all coming from fc) .. anyway.. does anyone know if i have to throw them or its just fine to fly with them??

thanks
Looks like oil slinging off your motors. Have you lubricated your motors with WD-40 or the like? Is the drone used? If so, perhaps the previous owner lubricated the motors?

D

Looks like oil slinging off your motors. Have you lubricated your motors with WD-40 or the like? Is the drone used? If so, perhaps the previous owner lubricated the motors?

D
no.. no oil or whatever lubricant into the motors.. so.. am i gonna trew them off??

D
Shouldn't need to lubricate the motors, "seals for life" bearings and anyway, highly unlikely to get onto the props if you did as the prop wash would always throw any oil etc from the motors downwards!!

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
no offecne.. if its just prop decoloration (ive put silica gels inside the carryin case to keep away humidity.. maybe its time to replace the small bags) next thing to take care is the balancing because as ive said before ive seen turbulance during hovering and didnt understand in that moment witch is causing it.. so if some of them are unbalanced then im gonna take the bin and put them inside for safety.. ??

im gonna order new just to be sure.. better without 20 bucks than without my little birdy..
I am in nz and have at least 5 sets of unopened p2, 3 blades and a couple of sets for p4.

no offecne.. if its just prop decoloration (ive put silica gels inside the carryin case to keep away humidity.. maybe its time to replace the small bags) next thing to take care is the balancing because as ive said before ive seen turbulance during hovering and didnt understand in that moment witch is causing it.. so if some of them are unbalanced then im gonna take the bin and put them inside for safety.. ??

im gonna order new just to be sure.. better without 20 bucks than without my little birdy..
I am in nz and have at least 5 sets of unopened p2, 3 blades
I am in nz and have at least 5 sets of unopened p2, 3 blades and a couple of sets for p4.

and a couple of sets for p4.

Reactions: BigL
Why would you bin a perfectly good prop just because it's out of balance? Invest in an OCDAY balancing kit and DIY! Must be available out there in NZ. (My sister lives near Wellington) and funnily enough I live near Wellington here in the UK.

hello pilots

recently ive noticed some kind of strange marks on my props.. it isnt dirt.. ive shed some bright light from the other side and it seem like its coming from the plastic or sth.. props are new with very little of flight time and i dont know if these marks are coming from stress because of high winds for example..

ive seen that thing many times before but never asked.. birdy is brand new.. props are coming from the previous bird.. fc died suddently (remember all these posts with imu errors etc?? they were all coming from fc) .. anyway.. does anyone know if i have to throw them or its just fine to fly with them??

thanks
Didn't read thru this in its entirety, but gnats, noseeums and other small airborne critters leave marks on my P3Ps quite often. Can you 'clean" it off?

I would recommend warm soap and water and a bit of elbow grease. Don't use any solvent based cleaners, they may impact on the integrity of the plastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic