New P3A owner - ex RC Heli

Reaction score
Coming from an RC Heli background (Raptor 30 + mods) I decided to get a drone. While I enjoyed the heli, it scared me half to death. So much so I rarely got about 30ft or so. I researched drones for a while but could never justify the funds so persevered with the heli but was never 100% happy as I was constantly having to adjust settings and gyros etc to get the **** thing stable. With the clutch on its way out and spare parts being difficult to source I decided to go for it and buy a drone.

Did lots of research and the P3 advanced seemed to be the way to go for someone with a little experience of flying and having enough features to keep me happy without breaking the bank.

So bought a refurbished P3A on saturday (£448 + 3 spare batteries). It's in A1 condition apart from the packaging. I was a little aggrieved the settings hadn't been reset thoughc(as stated) so I doubt it is a DJI refurb but the thing looked as though it had barely been flown. The props were perfect, 1 set still having the cellophane on. No scuffs, marks or scratches anywhere. As a bonus there was a 32gb sandisk extreme card left in the camera!

Spent Sunday charging everything up, downloading apps, updating the firmware, calibrating the drone and watching the plethora of youtube vids for beginners.

Took it out today and I'm stunned at just how easy these things are to fly. I feel more competent after just 60 minutes flight time with the P3A than I did with 6 years (on and off) flying a heli! Its easy to see how total newcomers get over confident so quickly. Squares, 8's rotations etc are very easy thanks to the P mode (I wasn't confident enough to put it in atti mode just yet due to the winds) and also kept it in beginner mode until the last battery where I got a bit further out.

I've still got loads to learn but I'm sure I'll find out what I need to know here.

Safe flying!

Reactions: dirkclod and BriG
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Enjoy your New Quad. I took mine out for a 1st Flight and had no trouble- handed it off to the Son - in - Law and then to the Grandson. No Problem. All of us was on the First Flight with Phantom 3 Pro. It's been to Windy Lately, but should get some Flight Time in this week. Kid's are on Spring Vacation

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Coming from an RC Heli background (Raptor 30 + mods) I decided to get a drone. While I enjoyed the heli, it scared me half to death. So much so I rarely got about 30ft or so. I researched drones for a while but could never justify the funds so persevered with the heli but was never 100% happy as I was constantly having to adjust settings and gyros etc to get the **** thing stable. With the clutch on its way out and spare parts being difficult to source I decided to go for it and buy a drone.

Did lots of research and the P3 advanced seemed to be the way to go for someone with a little experience of flying and having enough features to keep me happy without breaking the bank.

So bought a refurbished P3A on saturday (£448 + 3 spare batteries). It's in A1 condition apart from the packaging. I was a little aggrieved the settings hadn't been reset thoughc(as stated) so I doubt it is a DJI refurb but the thing looked as though it had barely been flown. The props were perfect, 1 set still having the cellophane on. No scuffs, marks or scratches anywhere. As a bonus there was a 32gb sandisk extreme card left in the camera!

Spent Sunday charging everything up, downloading apps, updating the firmware, calibrating the drone and watching the plethora of youtube vids for beginners.

Took it out today and I'm stunned at just how easy these things are to fly. I feel more competent after just 60 minutes flight time with the P3A than I did with 6 years (on and off) flying a heli! Its easy to see how total newcomers get over confident so quickly. Squares, 8's rotations etc are very easy thanks to the P mode (I wasn't confident enough to put it in atti mode just yet due to the winds) and also kept it in beginner mode until the last battery where I got a bit further out.

I've still got loads to learn but I'm sure I'll find out what I need to know here.

Safe flying!
Welcome to the forum @w3bbo

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Good luck and happy flying!

Reactions: w3bbo
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I checked out that post before signing up which was extremely useful, thanks.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31