Reaction score
I have a new P2 which I am setting up. It has a DJI spare part No 7 camera mounting bracket fitted and a GoPro Hero 3+Black.

In the vision assistant software, version 3.8, under the second section "basic" and the first tab "mounting", it talks about location and orientation. However the images are of something which looks like a stealth fighter!

The second paragraph of the instruction I find almost unintelligible,
"Balance the multi-rotor as you would normally, with the center of gravity (C.G.) directly on the center plate."

There is no information about how to normally balance the P2. There is no marking that I can see on my P2, showing where the CoG is or should be and I don't know what they mean by the centre plate.

I fly 1:1 helicopters, so understand weight and balance and the smaller the aircraft the more important W&B is.

Depending on the orientation of the GoPro, ie from facing forward to vertically down, it will move the CofG.

I am well inside the MTOW of the P2, so my questions are, do I need to do a W&B, using the software, or will the internal MTU do the compensation?

Please can someone tell me how to use this piece of software and where the CoG is or should be?

Thanks for reading the question.

Norman

I have a new P2 which I am setting up. It has a DJI spare part No 7 camera mounting bracket fitted and a GoPro Hero 3+Black.

In the vision assistant software, version 3.8, under the second section "basic" and the first tab "mounting", it talks about location and orientation. However the images are of something which looks like a stealth fighter!

The second paragraph of the instruction I find almost unintelligible,
"Balance the multi-rotor as you would normally, with the center of gravity (C.G.) directly on the center plate."

There is no information about how to normally balance the P2. There is no marking that I can see on my P2, showing where the CoG is or should be and I don't know what they mean by the centre plate.

I fly 1:1 helicopters, so understand weight and balance and the smaller the aircraft the more important W&B is.

Depending on the orientation of the GoPro, ie from facing forward to vertically down, it will move the CofG.

I am well inside the MTOW of the P2, so my questions are, do I need to do a W&B, using the software, or will the internal MTU do the compensation?

Please can someone tell me how to use this piece of software and where the CoG is or should be?

Thanks for reading the question.

Norman

Norman I would worry about where to mount the naza module and the center of gravity. Also leave those setting on that page at default.

The question I have is with DJI part 7 which can be any number of parts. Are you using a gimbal or a fixed mount for the GoPro??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl