Bought 2nd hand with no instructions so no idea what to do now

Reaction score
So, I took the plunge and bought a kit/ bundle from Ebay, to attach my Gopro 4 to: Phantom 2 with h3-2d gimbal and Black Pearl monitor. I have downloaded the DJI manual as best as I can, and so far have managed to get it to fly (up and down).

No signal to the FPV- this I understand is an incompatability between the gimbal and a mod (thanks Youtube) to replace with component 56 should fix (fingers crossed).

Random tilting of the gopro in the gimbal: This seems to be an occurrence that other people suffer but have no definitive solution.

Software: As my kit came with no software, I'm not sure about what I should download/ need to download and more importantly, what then to do. I've downloaded the Phantom 2 assistant, but it doesn't make sense without instructions. Likewise, I'm not sure if there is software I need to calibrate the gimbal, which may, or may not, sort out the tilt.

What's a man to do? .Is there a step-by-step guide on what to do from day one for a total newbie?

No Signal to FPV - The H3-2D has a mounting plate but will not accommodate for the Part 56. The mounting plate uses the 30pin Hero port and does not a have a hole for the flex cable to exit and plug to the side USB of the GoPro 4. There is however a workaround. You can get the Hero 4 to output video via the hero port. Find a GoPro LCD bacpac and attach it to the gopro 4 and play something on it. This will re-enable the video out for the hero port (GoPro disabled this).
This is a small reference..
P2VPlus with H3-3D 1.0 and GoPro 4 Hero Black

Random tilting of the gopro - The gopro Hero 4 has a different weight and centre of gravity than the Hero3 and Hero3+ (H3-2D was designed specifically for the Hero3 NON PLUS). You need to find neutral balance for the gimbal to stop the random tilting and snapping. To do this, attach the gopro on the gimbal but do not power up the phantom. Attach coin(s) to counter balance the gopro until you see it kind of float. This neutral balance stops motor overload and stops mid-air resetting and snapping. Another thing is to do an IMU recalibration (you need the Phantom assist PC/Mac Software) to level out gimbal. If there is a tilt bias, it can also cause random tilting.

See the coin attached to a Velcro? I use Velcro so I can reposition it if I choose not to use an ND filter.
DBS%20antenna%20relocation.jpg

I cant help you with software as DJI has discontinued the P2 range.

Last edited:
So, I took the plunge and bought a kit/ bundle from Ebay, to attach my Gopro 4 to: Phantom 2 with h3-2d gimbal and Black Pearl monitor. I have downloaded the DJI manual as best as I can, and so far have managed to get it to fly (up and down).

No signal to the FPV- this I understand is an incompatability between the gimbal and a mod (thanks Youtube) to replace with component 56 should fix (fingers crossed).

Random tilting of the gopro in the gimbal: This seems to be an occurrence that other people suffer but have no definitive solution.

Software: As my kit came with no software, I'm not sure about what I should download/ need to download and more importantly, what then to do. I've downloaded the Phantom 2 assistant, but it doesn't make sense without instructions. Likewise, I'm not sure if there is software I need to calibrate the gimbal, which may, or may not, sort out the tilt.

What's a man to do? .Is there a step-by-step guide on what to do from day one for a total newbie?

You have the P2 assistant but also need the RC assistant software so you calibrate X1 (tilt control). This tilt control (X1) has to also be calibrated in the P2 software as well. You should also download the user's manual v1.4 as well.

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

THE SOFTWARE FOR THE P2 HAVE NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4