Weak image transmission

Reaction score
I just got my p4p at the end of summer last year. Loved it. Had zero issues. Got it out of the case a few weeks ago and went to fly it and I needed a firmware update. Did the update and it has been giving me weak image signal everywhere I go. All the same places I used to fly it it when it was fine. When I change from 2.4 to 5.8 it changed nothing. Have tried doing everything. Downgraded firmware, different sd card, you name it. The one thing I noticed which leads me to believe it is a problem with the RC is that in the about section on the dpi app it says the controller firmware is "unknown". I have researched everywhere on the web and cannot find out how to factory reset the controller. I already started a support case with DJI but, I am trying to avoid sending it in. This is my final attempt at getting some help and then I guess I will have to send it in.

thanks in advanced
Dave

Is it possible your phone is not able to keep up with the new demands? Have you updated Go app? Seems every update of Go is more demanding of your device. Have you tried a different cable? If it’s just video feed I would not send it back until I tried a different and approved phone/tablet and cable. Just my opinion of coarse. :wink:

Is it possible your phone is not able to keep up with the new demands? Have you updated Go app? Seems every update of Go is more demanding of your device. Have you tried a different cable? If it’s just video feed I would not send it back until I tried a different and approved phone/tablet and cable. Just my opinion of coarse. :wink:
I do not think that is the issue. I have a iPhone 7 plus. I also tried it on my wife's newer iPhone X. I have downloaded the app multiple times and I have tried different cords as well.

I do not think that is the issue. I have a iPhone 7 plus. I also tried it on my wife's newer iPhone X. I have downloaded the app multiple times and I have tried different cords as well.
? Just wanted to confirm that you checked the easy things before trading in for a referb.

I just got my p4p at the end of summer last year. Loved it. Had zero issues. Got it out of the case a few weeks ago and went to fly it and I needed a firmware update. Did the update and it has been giving me weak image signal everywhere I go. All the same places I used to fly it it when it was fine. When I change from 2.4 to 5.8 it changed nothing. Have tried doing everything. Downgraded firmware, different sd card, you name it. The one thing I noticed which leads me to believe it is a problem with the RC is that in the about section on the dpi app it says the controller firmware is "unknown". I have researched everywhere on the web and cannot find out how to factory reset the controller. I already started a support case with DJI but, I am trying to avoid sending it in. This is my final attempt at getting some help and then I guess I will have to send it in.

thanks in advanced
Dave
Give relinking a try,it is recomended after firmware update,not sure why just something that I read,..fresh pairing I call it

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl