Ways To Make Money With Your Drone

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I am waiting on my Mavic! Just wondering if I could create a thread and brainstorm ways to make money with your drone.

I know about...

Stock Aerial Footage/Stock Aerial Photos
Real Estate Photography

But, there must be more than that! Any advice would be appreciated!

Michael-John Wolfe

Manufacturing parts
Sell parts and drones thru sites

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Parcel delivery.

Radio tower inspection.

Search-and-rescue.

Reactions: wesman0388
Shark patrol at beaches.

Creative aerial photography and videography for weddings. Don't see too many companies using drones for that...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sausage delivery, right to your hot-tub.

Reactions: Kai Mele
Structure inspection.
Bridges
Buildings
Roofs
Exhaust stacks
Cooling towers
Power lines and towers
Right of way inspections. Especially those in rough terrain. My company currently uses manpower to walk and a helicopter to fly them.

Anything that reduces the chance of injuries from falls and reduces the cost of setting up scaffolds and man lifts is a good gig for a quad.

Flying golf course holes for use on their web page.
FLIR and LIDAR surveys of commercial and industrial facilities.

Security

One I keep thinking about... Drones for video feeds of car races. Was at Road Atlanta for a 12 hr IMSA race in Oct and was amazed that Fox Sports flew a full sized chopper around the course to video the race. It flew for 6 hrs or so just for the video feed.
A fleet of quads, a few pilots could easily get that video for a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Search-and-rescue.

Search & Rescue is not a viable business option at all. SAR is voluntary and will remain that way. If you want to make $$ in the SAR realm you'll need to create/resell SAR products designed specifically for SAR.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: dirkclod
Creative aerial photography and videography for weddings. Don't see too many companies using drones for that...

i have done a wedding. the problem is that for most of the ceremony a drone is too loud. incidentally, it was a seaside wedding and the bride and groom took a ride in a dune buggy up and down the beach. the drone was great for filming that segment...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic