waypoint mode gives error, but I need to fly slowly for hyperlapse

Reaction score
Sorry for the length;
I have a new phantom 4 pro and I am having a couple altitude specific problems with the the intelligent modes, it seems to be due to some kind of a discrepancy in altitude. I am trying to create hyperlapse footage (moving time lapse) I was planning to use the waypoint mode and make it move from point to point very slowly. The error tells me that I am too low to use to intelligent mode. It says to go above 30 feet, I have tried this at many altitudes, usually above 100 feet, sometimes a few hundred feet high, and I still get the same error, even though I can clearly see my height on the DJI go app. The active-track feature also gave me a similar error when I was trying to test it. It kept telling me that I was too low, and by the time I was high enough the object was too small.
Another (possibly related) problem I have had is when I was testing the return to home feature, it came to hover above the home point and gave me a message saying that it was hovering 1 foot from the ground and wanted permission to land, I was 200 feet up at the time. Without fully understanding what it was going to do I allowed to to auto land, assuming that I could take control and land myself if needed. I was unable to regain control, by the time I realized it was coming down way too fast, I tried to give it some lift, but there was no response and it hit the ground pretty darn hard.
Even if I can't find the exact root of the issue today, does anyone know how I can fly incredibly slowly and smoothly in a consistent direction with out the use of waypoints?

If you only want to fly straight I would use TapFly.
If you tap on the horizon line it will keep the altitude and goes forever one direction.
You can adjust the speed on the screen with a dial to very slow.
Minimum height required is 2 meters.

Other option would be "Course Lock"...

Last edited:
Reactions: ststackhouse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.