WARNING REGARDS LATEST FIRMWARE! LOSS OF MOTOR PWR IN FLIGHT

Re: WARNING REGARDS LATEST FIRMWARE! LOSS OF MOTOR PWR IN FL

[

+1[/quote]

wondering if I would be worth cracking her open and placing 100% silicone glue over all power conections
both on esc' as well as battery lead conections just as a back up and extra hold is case any have cold solder joints
which can net be seen also may help with vibration movement on joints????????? :?: :idea:[/quote]

So any electronics guys see any negative effect to doing this are may this be a good idea :?: :?: :?:

I sent this off to [email protected] this morning... If I ever get an answer, I'll post it here...

I’m reading that there are serious problems with Version 3.0. I’m fully updated using the Assistant 3.0. How do I get back to 2.0? Can I?

I believe that fully upgrading from the Assistant 3.0 upgraded the Autopilot to Ver. 3.0 as well as the central board to 1.0.1.25.

How do I roll this thing back so I can actually fly it without losing my $1,200 investment and/or injuring someone???

-slinger

I'm a newbe but here's my 2 cents. I got my bird a week or so ago. After some problems (flying in circles) I ran the V3 assistant and upgraded the bird to the newest versions. Now the motors wont even start. So basically, by bird is dead. I did find the ver 2 assistant and downgraded the software to the 2 versions with no effect. I also ran the remote control assistant and did what was required there. of course I recalibrated sticks and realigned the compass each time. After a 90 minute wait, I got through to DJI tech support in LA. He didn't seem overly concerned and said that it was probably a software problem that the engineers in china would have to work on. No real idea as to how long this is going to take. So, I have a brand new bird, that I cant fly and DJI does not seem too concerned.

That said, I did read lots of posts about this product and realize that the company is small and located in China where quality control and customer service is not what it is here. I was willing to take the risk on bleeding edge technology. I just hope that my bird will be flying again soon

Ozzyguy said:
I've listed a link to this entire thread on DJIs Facebook page:)

thanks, do you have a link? we need to do all we can to get DJI's attention, as they haven't responded to my numerous emails and don't seem to take this seriously. I can't believe they aren't begging me for my unit back so they can test it and figure out what might have gone wrong.

It seems they have removed it from their Facebook page so I know they are reading it. I've started a dedicated thread for sending them. Go here and voice your concerns. When I get good numbers I'll post that on Thier Facebook as Well as email them the link.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12392

If I don't hear from DJI this week, I'm going to send my unit to the FAA or FCC... i'm sure one of those groups would be happy to have it as evidence of some sort. I love this quadcopter and many things about it... but the way DJI is acting, by not responding or taking an in flight power loss seriously, is irresponsible.

Put it down in the complaints poll link and we will have much more luck as a unified voice.

race3 said:
If I don't hear from DJI this week, I'm going to send my unit to the FAA or FCC... i'm sure one of those groups would be happy to have it as evidence of some sort. I love this quadcopter and many things about it... but the way DJI is acting, by not responding or taking an in flight power loss seriously, is irresponsible.

What possible outcome would come from you sending your phantom to the FAA ????? If you are wanting to donate it, I am sure there are a lot of underprivileged kids who would do a lot more with it. What planet do you live on that you think the FAA is not aware of these, and most likely have a few already ?
Is it not a bit far flung that you, and everyone else who is upset with DJI(myself included) are so narcissistic to think they (DJI)are waiting for our calls ? NO, they are overwhelmed and most likely doing all they can to deal with this set of issues. It amazes me that people are so short sighted to think that DJI is doing these changes to "Piss us off" No, read.... LIABILITY REDUCTION ! Wake up people, this is all about bottom feeding lawyers who will seize any opportunity to make a buck, and take anyone to court.

Please people, we are all upset with the software problems, myself included, but for god's sake, insert some logic and stir.
DJI has a lot on the plate right now..... And NO I am not a DJI employee....

Sorry for the rant, but this is just getting stupid on all fronts'

gecarey said:
race3 said:

What possible outcome would come from you sending your phantom to the FAA ????? If you are wanting to donate it, I am sure there are a lot of underprivileged kids who would do a lot more with it. What planet do you live on that you think the FAA is not aware of these, and most likely have a few already ?
Is it not a bit far flung that you, and everyone else who is upset with DJI(myself included) are so narcissistic to think they (DJI)are waiting for our calls ? NO, they are overwhelmed and most likely doing all they can to deal with this set of issues. It amazes me that people are so short sighted to think that DJI is doing these changes to "Piss us off" No, read.... LIABILITY REDUCTION ! Wake up people, this is all about bottom feeding lawyers who will seize any opportunity to make a buck, and take anyone to court.

Please people, we are all upset with the software problems, myself included, but for god's sake, insert some logic and stir.
DJI has a lot on the plate right now..... And NO I am not a DJI employee....

Sorry for the rant, but this is just getting stupid on all fronts'

You've missed the point. I spoke with DJI on the phone and they didn't want my drone back. That's bad policy. I've been trying to reach someone else with no luck. They MUST change their policy and their approach to deal with these things. It is not because they are overwhelmed.

Regarding FAA, I don't expect them to help me and I don't even care about my unit being fixed. But I have no doubt that DJI may take this a bit more seriously if one of those regulatory agencies had evidence as to a drone that malfunctioned. Unfortunately they usually wait till someone gets hurt first, but I would like to avoid that.

Sorry to hear of your flight issues.

You seem to have two options, and neither include the FAA or any restrictive government office:
1. Contact the dealer you bought it from and try to work with DJI that way. You catch more flies with honey.
2. Better Business Bureau.

FAA is useless in your scenario. Best of luck, seriously!

The problem is there almost non existent service. If it's not bothering you then yiu just wasted your time reading and responding. If you don't think it's relevant to you then why post. Now that's stupid :lol:

race3 said:
The thing that bugs me most is that they don't even seemed concerned about getting the copter back so they can analyze it or try to understand what went wrong. The guy on the phone says "send it back if you'd like, but anything damaged will be charged to repair" and I reiterated over and over to him that this is a problem they need to investigate!

Guys, you must understand by now....This is a throw away item.
Based on cost to you, cost to build, and number of sales for DJI. They don't care to analyze your equipment.
(even though they are trying to rapidly build up their U.S. infrastructure and hire tech support...)

Now, if you had an S1000, that would be an entirely different story.
I know, business wise it makes no sense. But people are still buying these things by the thousands. Phantom has the lightest-weight components (lowest "high tech") = throw away. I bet it doesn't cost them $1.00 to build a Naza M v2.

GundoLarry said:
Sorry to hear of your flight issues.

You seem to have two options, and neither include the FAA or any restrictive government office:
1. Contact the dealer you bought it from and try to work with DJI that way. You catch more flies with honey.
2. Better Business Bureau.

FAA is useless in your scenario. Best of luck, seriously!

Perhaps FAA is not the right organization, I recognize that. But whenever a consumer product poses a risk to others, and if the manufacturer doesn't listen, then it's quite common to report that product to the government which can apply appropriate pressure.

I have no doubt that DJI cares and that they want this fixed. But they must change their policy about collecting malfunctioned units in order to learn properly. Or they must change their call center.

Hi

Not hijacking thread but it seems there are a lot of issues with latest upgrade. My battery was giving 96% full when it was nearly 0%

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12335

Maybe DJI is just building bugs into the V3 P2V combo so all P2Vs crash and burn so we all have to buy the P2V +

just a thought or maybe they just have a crap QC process for taking new versions of app to production stage.

If you purchased your Vision before March (not sure exactly when).. You can expect this exact scenario to possibly happen. Its already been shown the older style battery data pins (rounded point) in the Vision battery compartment, is responsible for most loss of power incidents. The fix is replacing these data pins.... That might need to be done by yourself.. Or perhaps send your Vision in for this defect to be addressed. There may be software problems too. But there is nothing concrete on that, the data pins are the most likley culprits, clean them often with deoxit and/or an alcohol swab.

See more on this: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3749&start=270

I'm not a Quadcopter expert... However, i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
If you purchased your Vision before March (not sure exactly when).. You can expect this exact scenario to possibly happen. Its already been shown the older style battery data pins (rounded point) is responsible for most loss of power incidents. The fix is replacing these data pins.... That might need to be done by yourself.. Or perhaps send your Vision in for this defect to be addressed. There may be software problems too. But there is nothing concrete on that, the data pins are the most likley culprits, clean them often with deoxit and/or an alcohol swab.

See more on this: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3749&start=270

I'm not a Quadcopter expert... However, i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The Rookie

Is there a new battery design after March to fix this potential issue? If so, they should recall the old ones.

I just noted another posting of a sudden "drop from the sky experience" in the Posting titled" Wire Detaches From Main Board Drops from Sky" ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12409 ) . In this case, the pilot opened the P2 and substantiated the detached wire. Also, had tracking data to show the sudden drop.

To be proactive with the actual quadcopter, are there steps that PPilots can take to secure the wires and/or solder joints ?

race3 said:
RCRookie said:
If you purchased your Vision before March (not sure exactly when).. You can expect this exact scenario to possibly happen. Its already been shown the older style battery data pins (rounded point) is responsible for most loss of power incidents. The fix is replacing these data pins.... That might need to be done by yourself.. Or perhaps send your Vision in for this defect to be addressed. There may be software problems too. But there is nothing concrete on that, the data pins are the most likley culprits, clean them often with deoxit and/or an alcohol swab.

The Rookie

Is there a new battery design after March to fix this potential issue? If so, they should recall the old ones.

Follow this link to the story with the data pins...yes, newer models have 4 pronged data pins..the old ones were round and believed to be the cause of loss of power. I cannot say this current issue is not a product of bad revision software, but the symptoms are identical to the battery issues in the link here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26583140&postcount=695

The fact DJI changed the contact points to a 4 pointed style indicates to me it is atleast the suspected source of the problem.
Those with the earlier models before the data pin change are atleast owed an opportunity to correct this defect.

pins.jpg

Here is a pic of the changes made.

RCRookie said:
race3 said:
RCRookie said:

The Rookie

Follow this link to the story with the data pins...yes, newer models have 4 pronged data pins..the old ones were round and believed to be the cause of loss of power. I cannot say this current issue is not a product of bad revision software, but the symptoms are identical to the battery issues in the link here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26583140&postcount=695

The fact DJI changed the contact points to a 4 pointed style indicates to me it is atleast the suspected source of the problem.
Those with the earlier models before the data pin change are atleast owed an opportunity to correct this defect.

They'll gladly correct this defect for free, if you're willing to be without your P2V for a month or so... That's what I was told by DJI support in CA

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers