Warning firmware update

It worked! I can fly the copter. So now I have 1.8...what will this do for me or not do for me?

How does the bird know that it needed an update?

Thank you to all for your patience with me and generous offer of the SD card.

.bin2 is the problem. It should be .bin for it to run. (Just delete the 2 & copy it to your root directory). Nothing else on the sd card. \

It worked! I can fly the copter. So now I have 1.8...what will this do for me or not do for me?

Sorry, I was so tired of wracking my brain for your cause, I finally fell out of consciousness and had a nice long nap. ;-)
Woke up, ready to tackle this drone thing, and you have it figured out already.
I feel very refreshed right about now. Hahaha
Perhaps I should hit the ice box/fridge for a snack...

RedHotPoker

@Sfgiants24, He already has the update task competed, please stay in time... ;-)

RedHotPoker

No I cannot get it. It seems I don't know how to unzip a file. I having been trying for two hours. I have tried both my Mac and Windows box. I never have understood how to unzip a file .
I saw it is already unzipped on your m/c

I saw it is already unzipped on your m/c
Did you also read post #41? The dastardly deed has duly been completed...
Ok, carry on... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Rolling back RC is not possible now as it's an DJI process thru their servers.
I have rolled back my RC fw even after DJI changed to using the DJI app and their servers to update the RC. I will not upgrade mine to test it, but if someone who has updated wants to attempt to roll back the RC, I can walk them through it.

This all started because the the bird would not connect to the RC. Was there a way around this? With the old version I didn't have have any NFZ...from what I have read the NFZ will now be an issue. I am in Southern California and the whole area is covered with the red circles.

I have a Mac also. To unzip a file, simply click on the one that ends in "cpgz".
This will open up a file ending in "bin". You have "unzipped" the file!
Attach the usb cable from computer to bird, and turn on the battery.
Copy and paste or drag and drop the file ending in "bin" to the sd card
Listen for the bird to begin updating.

I did my updates last night,all went well but i had to be very patient for the RC to update.....seemed to take forever for it to recognize the card. I'm yet to fly but all seems well

Reactions: Sim597
Folks, It shouldn't be this hard. DJI has let us down on this update. Too many people are having big issues.Someone needs to be demoted and another promoted that knows how to make this seamless for us.

Find a computer literate friend. Have them watch the quick tutorial and they should have no problem with it.
Please Read post #51 for further instructions. Hahaha
The deed had been accomplished, but you bright helpers keep hammering away... Wishing you all, much Good luck. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Sorry I been away,
Alright!!! Yeah, I hope the bird is great, if you have gimbal noise, the word is the screws are loose on the gimbal. Good flying Thopper

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Folks, It shouldn't be this hard. DJI has let us down on this update. Too many people are having big issues.Someone needs to be demoted and another promoted that knows how to make this seamless for us.
I don't know, for others it was a cake walk, myself included. To be honest, my biggest problem was reading and getting myself all worried I'd be one of the guys with trouble. I had a hiccup, due to the hype I over worried about nothing and it was a crappy cable, and I am certain some guys had more then one crappy cable, I have prolly 5, I also have maybe 6-8 that would work though. It does also seem the more comfortable you are with computers the easier it is, and the fact the average age here on this forum is like 58. (I should do a poll) may have something to do with that finding.
Just saying, I know some had problems, but for others it was mad easy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Am I understanding that if the RC is on 1.6 that it will not connect to the AC if the AC firmware is not 1 8.80?

My RC is on 1.6 and my AC is on FW 1.7, and it connects fine. Motors start. I get gps lock. It does tell me the camera needs updated, but I flew it yesterday like this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Am I understanding that if the RC is on 1.6 that it will not connect to the AC if the AC firmware is not 1 8.80?

My RC is on 1.6 and my AC is on FW 1.7, and it connects fine. Motors start. I get gps lock. It does tell me the camera needs updated, but I flew it yesterday like this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I had trouble connecting as soon as I updated my bird, or no, as soon as I updated the RC it wouldn't connect until both were same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj