Warning firmware update

Copy and paste that bin file, into the root of the sd card..

Put the sd card back in the drone and turn it on, by itself.

Watch the gimbal lights go red-green, red-green... And you will hear: DDDD,DDDD,DDDD,DDDD. That will last all of about twenty minutes... The beeping will change pattern when it's complete, and the LED diode on the gimbal will return to green.
Then check the sd card on the computer for the Success text file..

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mike Mauk
What is DCIM...this is what is see on my sd card.
You can ignore DCIM, it's the folder where images are stored by the camera. just copy the .bin file to the root of the SD card and follow the instructions in the video posted and you should be good to go once it finishes. Just be sure to follow the steps in the video.

Did you read the included help thread I shared or watch the instructional video?

You might be even more dangerous, if you get some credible insight... Ha

RedHotPoker

Open the zipped file and extract the bin file...
No, you unzip the folder first you will need to see the bin file on the card, before it goes into the drone. Then You need to turn on the phantom drone by itself, after you insert the sd card.

RedHotPoker

Click the zipped folder and it should open, to reveal the bin file.
If not you might need to use a cordless hand drill, carpenters hammer, screwdriver and vice...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Excavator99
Does my screen shot of the sad card look correct?
Yes, but it would probably work best without them other files.
Place the sd card back into the drone and turn it on...

RedHotPoker

You have a wrong file name on your SD card. Delete it. I see a bin file too on your mac. Copy that file to your SD card.

And also that file should not be in DCIM folder. Better delete that folder totally and clean up your SD card and then copy bin file.

DCIM folder will be created by P3 on its own so don't bother about deleting it. It contains media files that you had captured earlier.

Your SD card should show only one file which is:

P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

Reactions: Sim597
Ok, it's killing me, did you get it? Don't the lights blink while it's being updated, remember it takes like 10-15 minutes. Also, check the little light for the card reader, it should
Be blinking red and green? Then turn green when done

No I cannot get it. It seems I don't know how to unzip a file. I having been trying for two hours. I have tried both my Mac and Windows box. I never have understood how to unzip a file .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20