Warning firmware update

Reaction score
Phantom 3 advanced, RC signal all bars. Red message lost signal, then WARNING need firmware update. Will a firmware update warning cause the bird from connecting and flying? I didn't think firmware was mandated. I have 1.4 and the warning says I need 1.6. DO I have to update?

Phantom 3 advanced, RC signal all bars. Red message lost signal, then WARNING need firmware update. Will a firmware update warning cause the bird from connecting and flying? I didn't think firmware was mandated. I have 1.4 and the warning says I need 1.6. DO I have to update?
Whats FW on your P3A? If its 1.8, then you need to update RC too else it won't connect.

DJI is trying users to update to the latest. Once you update RC to 1.6, it will ask you to update P3 to be updated to 1.8 if not already done.

It looks you have update DJI GO App and that has started the ball rolling.

Let us know what versions do you have currently?

Reactions: GunnyPapa
I have watched videos about how to do this stuff and I am completely lost...I don't do well with file transfer ,zip files etc. I really don't know what version is on the bird. This is a mess for for a guy like me.

Reactions: rkingsb353
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
All I see is App 2.7.1 RC 1.6.0

This is hopeless for me. I need to find a shop that will do this for me.

I downloaded the some firmware update but don't understand what to do. 65 year old computer
dummy.

That is what I saw on my P4 before I upgraded the bird, but after upgrading the remote I believe, it flat out would not connect, firmware update went smooth as silk, bird back online and flys awesome good news is you'll be fine and so will the bird, just follow your devices directions and do the update

Can the phantom force me to do an update before it will connect? I thought updates were optional.
I think once the remote gets updated, then it kinda forces you, or it won't connect
Of course the P4 had a whole different way of updating, my P3P bought only 6 weeks ago or so was off SD card, the P4 was a whole new animal and it's updating technique was way different, hooking up to my MacPro directly via director

I downloaded the some firmware update but don't understand what to do. 65 year old computer
dummy.

With the RC Firmware at 1.6.0, the A/C MUST have the new 1.8.80 Firmware in order for the RC to connect. It appears you have updated the RC, so you will have to update the A/C. If downloading and copying files from your computer to the SD card is beyond your ability, then find someone who can help you out with this, so that you can get updated and get your bird back in the air.

dummy.
Please view this helpful instructional video for some firmware update insight. ;-)
Hope this helps. Ask more questions if you are stuck.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ScottLB
I think once the remote gets updated, then it kinda forces you, or it won't connect
Of course the P4 had a whole different way of updating, my P3P bought only 6 weeks ago or so was off SD card, the P4 was a whole new animal and it's updating technique was way different, hooking up to my MacPro directly via director
I wonder if I could roll back the RC and see if it would connect again.

I wonder if I could roll back the RC and see if it would connect again.
Rolling back RC is not possible now as it's an DJI process thru their servers.

dummy.
This means you need to update your bird to FW 1.8 too.

You need a computer to get it done.

I can buy a SD card for you, copy the file on it and send to you if that helps you with further simple instructions.

When you update firmware, the sd card should be previously formatted in the drone, and have nothing on it, but the bin file for current firmware update.
When updates are completed, a text file will be generated onto the sd card, which will have Success within its text, if you have completed the update correctly.
That text file can then be deleted.

RedHotPoker

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 6.06.12 PM.png

Is this the right file? The one above. When I drag to the sd card and put into the drone nothing happens!

Thank you for the very generous offer regarding the sd card....I may have to take you up on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1