Waiting, waiting down under...

Reaction score
Anyone else down under in Australia pulled the trigger on a Mavic Pro Bundle direct from DJI?

I dunno if it was the right move or not, in terms of trying to get one from a retailer vs DJI itself... but I am in deep... just checked my Order Page and all it says under shipping status is pending.

Anyone else got any further?

I toyed with the idea but went the other route, and preordered from a reliable local dealer here in New Zealand who expects his stock on October 19. Another store here is saying preorders can be collected on the 17th(?!) which seems hugely optimistic given when I've read here the last few days, but who knows. Will be interesting to see if the dealers do in fact get stock next week or they were just guessing like the rest of us and ordering direct from DJI was faster.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Drone#564
I decided to order mine through Riseabove in Sydney. I prefer local support for any repair/warranty. They also offered $100 store credit with the order, which I'll probably spend on ND filters when they become available.

Reactions: Drone#564
I decided to order mine through Riseabove in Sydney. I prefer local support for any repair/warranty. They also offered $100 store credit with the order, which I'll probably spend on ND filters when they become available.

Did they give any indication when they were expecting stock? I'm trying to gauge if Australasian dealers are going to get their stock next week or if it's all been a sham to attract pre-orders away from DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is DJI care a waste if money? Have heard some bad things about their customer service ... I ordered it anyway as it wasn't offered on the P4 I got from a local retailer.

Did they give any indication when they were expecting stock? I'm trying to gauge if Australasian dealers are going to get their stock next week or if it's all been a sham to attract pre-orders away from DJI.

They said shipping will be early November.

Ordered mine from sphere drones in sydney as that is where i bought my phantom s and happy with their service. They say mid october delivery but that may be just a generic answer. Fingers crossed

I also got mine from rise above in Sydney they seem to have a Good reputation plus as someone said already they can fix most warranty Jobs in-house as they are authorized repairer's

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've ordered mine from the Apple Store, $1 deposit for pre-order and I can return it in 14 days if i'm not happy. They have very good after sales service also, so any warranty problems shouldn't be an issue.
If a really good deal comes up from somewhere else before it is sent, I can just cancel the order.

I wanted to get from apple at first but thought warranty issues would have to be sent back to China and I also couldn't see the bundle deal that is going at the moment..

You may want to read the fine print on that DJI Care plan. I know that if I bought it here in the US, they wouldn't uphold it when I move to a different country. Just gone, period. The original warranty would still be upheld in a different country, but I would have to ship the drone back to the US in order to get worked on. Even in South Korea, where DJI has a strong foothold.

I wanted to get from apple at first but thought warranty issues would have to be sent back to China and I also couldn't see the bundle deal that is going at the moment..

I'd like to think our consumer laws in Australia would take care of any warranty issues. I think if you had any issues in the first 12 months that were not caused by physical damage by the owner, you could just get a refund and buy a new one. This isn't a cheap toy after all and if it's not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a refund or replacement.

I'd like to think our consumer laws in Australia would take care of any warranty issues. I think if you had any issues in the first 12 months that were not caused by physical damage by the owner, you could just get a refund and buy a new one. This isn't a cheap toy after all and if it's not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
I would hope so too, I was just disappointed with the fine print in my own situation. Just be aware of the limits is all I'm saying.

And how about the fly more bundle, is apple selling it?

And how about the fly more bundle, is apple selling it?

No, I don't think so. I just ordered some extra blades and a spare battery. I don't think I need that silly bag and the other stuff that comes in the bundle.
I may buy extra batteries later on, but i'll see how I go with 2 first.

We should be able to get it before America considering that we are always a day ahead on the GMT =).
I just hope the vendors get it before the apple stores does.

I also got mine from rise above in Sydney they seem to have a Good reputation plus as someone said already they can fix most warranty Jobs in-house as they are authorized repairer's

They have a good rep, i purchased my Inspire 1 from them but i had to go to the store, everything i have ordered online i've had to cancel as they had no stock. I recently purchased a DJI OSMO Mobile from them which i had to cancel as when i ordered i was told 2 weeks, then i was emailed 2 weeks later saying coming in 1 week, then i got a email to advise that my order is not on there first shipment and will arrive sometime in November. So i got 4 different updates, just cancelled my order, also tried to order my Phantom 4 but there site says backordered. They are okay for stuff in stock but if they are showing backorder i don't even bother. I've purchased my Mavic off another DJI approved reseller with a free extra battery, happy days.

Checked out the retail price for a Mavic bundle in Perth and we are looking at $2199 with lead times later this month.... JB HiFi are selling the P3S for $800 so no idea how that works with warranty support/parts etc given that their service is **** for everything else. I'll be waiting until prices are released overseas in Asia where I work and see how that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers