Waaay off topic but....

Reaction score
Hi folks. I am actually hunting around on the internet for an answer to this, and thought I would try this forum.

I just ordered a DJI f450 flamewheel ARF kit and bought a LiPo battery from Amazon. Turns out I didn't pay attention to the connector on the battery: it's a Traxxus female plug.

Here is what I am trying to figure out: are Traxxus plugs okay to use on these kinds of drones? Most videos and how-to instructions I've seen use Deans plugs or XT60. I need to know if I need to get an adapter for my battery and then solder on, for example, a Deans plug to the drone itself to provide power.

If this is COMPLETELY the wrong place to ask this I do apologize. I'm just a lonely wanderer on the internet today trying to find an answer.

Hi folks. I am actually hunting around on the internet for an answer to this, and thought I would try this forum.

I just ordered a DJI f450 flamewheel ARF kit and bought a LiPo battery from Amazon. Turns out I didn't pay attention to the connector on the battery: it's a Traxxus female plug.

Here is what I am trying to figure out: are Traxxus plugs okay to use on these kinds of drones? Most videos and how-to instructions I've seen use Deans plugs or XT60. I need to know if I need to get an adapter for my battery and then solder on, for example, a Deans plug to the drone itself to provide power.

If this is COMPLETELY the wrong place to ask this I do apologize. I'm just a lonely wanderer on the internet today trying to find an answer.
I swap and match connectors all the time on my various drones by soldering, as it's a pain to have certain batteries which you can only use with certain drones. My usual connectors of choice are either XT60's or XT30's, which are easily and cheaply available from Ebay and I solder the necessary leads and connector either onto the mainboard, or onto the respective batteries.

You can also buy or make your own adaptors if you wish - for example XT60 to XT30.
Some basic soldering skills will be needed.

I know it's obvious but be very careful not to get shorted battery leads when you are doing the mod... It's not a good idea. :) I usually pop some tape on the end of the lead I'm not working on and, of course, only cut one lead at a time.

Last edited:
Like Steve above I do the same thing on mine. I have used DEANs connectors for decades and they work great but that's just a personal opinion.

You just want to make sure the ones you use can carry the load the aircraft will be pulling. If anything I like to go a bit larger than "needed" just in case.

I also always put electrical tape over one of the battery leads just to be safe. The moment they touch bad things happen and happen QUICKLY!

Like Steve above I do the same thing on mine. I have used DEANs connectors for decades and they work great but that's just a personal opinion.

You just want to make sure the ones you use can carry the load the aircraft will be pulling. If anything I like to go a bit larger than "needed" just in case.

I also always put electrical tape over one of the battery leads just to be safe. The moment they touch bad things happen and happen QUICKLY!

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate your feedback and the feedback of Steve7777. I went ahead and ordered a whole ton of deans male+female plugs and some extra 14g wire so that I can standardize everything if I decide to.

I just really wish everyone would get together and decide on a standard plug type. I am fairy new to drones and R/C stuff, and am learning about this the hard way.

Reactions: Steve7777
I just really wish everyone would get together and decide on a standard plug type. I am fairy new to drones and R/C stuff, and am learning about this the hard way.

It's been a battle since day one. Fortunately there is "some degree" of standardization now. Just a few years ago every company had their own type of connector and you had to have a divider box full of connectors, adapters, etc just to stay running. It's improved but could still be better.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20