Vps error

Reaction score
So I finally updated the Phantom! I did two flights on my third flightI had a Error.

Right so here is what happened.everything ok, took off well, after coming back home to land, I am floating around 10 meters and suddenly I get a VPS error on the screen, the bird starts to land very fast? I don't know why it had plenty of satellites in p-gps mode.

Now here is the really strange thing, after replaying the flight record, nothing shows up! No errors autoland messages.

Can anyone explain the VPS error.

Last edited:
There are some VPS issues with the latest firmware. It's best to disable VPS in the DJI Pilot application until DJI releases a fix.

Reactions: Turbazz
There are some VPS issues with the latest firmware. It's best to disable VPS in the DJI Pilot application until DJI releases a fix.

I have had all this time. No issues whatsoever. That's exactly what I did disabled it!

Strange there is no record?

Last edited:
I have had all this time. No issues whatsoever. That's exactly what I did disabled it!

Strange there is no record?
Most of us had no issues with VPS before the last FW update.

The latest update introduced a couple of known issues. One being "lines" in still photos while in 4:3 mode. I think that one impacted the P3A only, and DJI released a fix a couple of days later.

The other issue introduced with the last FW update was related to VPS. That one didn't impact everyone. The people who see it have widely reported much more drifting than before, and altitude changes. For example, losing altitude slowly, all the way to the ground, even with no stick input. Also, VPS or Ultrasonic error messages in the app. DJI is aware of this VPS issue and it has been very widely discussed on this forum and in assorted videos. You should be able to find plenty of related info.

As msinger noted, a work around for the VPS issue is to disable it and fly relatively normally while waiting for a fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Moore
I can also confirm the Ultrasonic/VPS issue. Also vertical drifting up and down with no change in altitude in pilot app. I'm also experiencing instability and toilet bowling. This has come at the worst time, as I really need to shoot a few things this weekend.

I can also confirm the Ultrasonic/VPS issue. Also vertical drifting up and down with no change in altitude in pilot app. I'm also experiencing instability and toilet bowling. This has come at the worst time, as I really need to shoot a few things this weekend.
Bummer sir. Sorry to hear about the timing. Will it work for you with the VPS off? It seems pretty close to normal for me with the VPS off. Still not completely like it was before, but still rather amazing. I don't have any concern when flying. Maybe it will also work for you.

A word of warning to you. Many of the regulars in the forum will tell you that you must have done something wrong to have this VPS issue. They will insist that you were quick to fly and didn't do something correctly. Don't let them get to you. The VPS issues that some (not all) are seeing are real and have been confirmed by DJI reps here, but you still should be able to fly with it disabled.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Nope I have done nothing wrong it is completely genuine error! Most worrying thing is nothing is showing up when I replay the flight record? I had the error then it autoland. Pretty scary!!

It gets even more interesting, I was going to take it for a flight near A lake that evening! But didnt. Pheww!!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31