"Vision sensor communication error"

LZJ

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has narrowed this one down. A couple months ago I purchased a dead very cheap p4p off ebay without any info other than "had been in a crash" with the intent of rebuilding and then flipping it. So thinking I was up for a challenge I bought it. Problem list included, but was not limited to, 4 esc errors, no camera image, dead card reader, fan buzz, obviously destroyed and non functional gimbal... the only thing I thought might be working was the controller. I replaced both main engine esc boards, the main board, bought new yaw motor and rebuilt it with what I thought was the original bell (took several tries to get that right and centered), multiple flat cables replaced, camera esc board replaced and a new secondhand fan. Calibrates, compass, gps and all functions seem to now work without issues. Firmware is current on bird and controller. It flies like a champ. But it still has the single "Vision Sensor Communication error" showing up on the controller.... I don't think it affects the bird's functionality at all. It seems to fly fine, gimbal is spot on, camera and card reader are all fine. The error persists if the camera/gimbal are removed. Any ideas on how to narrow this error message origin down? I can't tell if its the down, forward or back sensors or all of them where the problem might originate from or becoming from. The sensor windows are all clean, unobstructed and look fine. Thanks

I'm thinking of the downward vision sensors.
You can use/try the DJI Assistant 2 software to calibrate all vision sensors, perhaps this will then narrow it down for you.

Turn off all obstacle avoidance to see if the warning disappears.
calibrate the vision sensors with DJI assistant 2
watch a video or two to see the way it's done. The trick is to keep the drone in the middle of the screen and tilt/rotate it, not moving the drone around to point straight at the monitor.

Turn off all obstacle avoidance to see if the warning disappears.
calibrate the vision sensors with DJI assistant 2
watch a video or two to see the way it's done. The trick is to keep the drone in the middle of the screen and tilt/rotate it, not moving the drone around to point straight at the monitor.
Tried that and the warning/error message doesn't go away. I think its strange that the sensor state is also "normal" in DJIGO4. In Litchi the warning/error message is gone...

Wondering if anyone has narrowed this one down. A couple months ago I purchased a dead very cheap p4p off ebay without any info other than "had been in a crash" with the intent of rebuilding and then flipping it. So thinking I was up for a challenge I bought it. Problem list included, but was not limited to, 4 esc errors, no camera image, dead card reader, fan buzz, obviously destroyed and non functional gimbal... the only thing I thought might be working was the controller. I replaced both main engine esc boards, the main board, bought new yaw motor and rebuilt it with what I thought was the original bell (took several tries to get that right and centered), multiple flat cables replaced, camera esc board replaced and a new secondhand fan. Calibrates, compass, gps and all functions seem to now work without issues. Firmware is current on bird and controller. It flies like a champ. But it still has the single "Vision Sensor Communication error" showing up on the controller.... I don't think it affects the bird's functionality at all. It seems to fly fine, gimbal is spot on, camera and card reader are all fine. The error persists if the camera/gimbal are removed. Any ideas on how to narrow this error message origin down? I can't tell if its the down, forward or back sensors or all of them where the problem might originate from or becoming from. The sensor windows are all clean, unobstructed and look fine. Thanks
did you resolve your sensor problem now or not?

Yes. Replaced the downward vision sensor assembly with one from Ebay. No more vision sensor error! Interesting that the old unit had a complete crack through the pot metal aluminum bracket. Couldn't tell until all mounting screws were removed. Now I have one more intermittent error to resolve... The
dreaded "battery signal error" message...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31