Vision Pilot Plus app review

Reaction score
Here is a review of the Vision Pilot Plus app for iOS.

Basically, don't buy it.

Its features are great. I think its UI is pretty nice, a bit more convenient than the standard DJI Vision app or FPV Booster. It supports some more advanced flying modes like "Hover" and "Follow Me". And it tracks your telemetry and saves it in a way that you can load from your phone and download into Dashware. It's great!

But it craps out and starts lagging big-time, to the point of being visually unusable, within 4 minutes of your flight. Every. Single. Time. Making your reliance on FPV video absolutely useless for the rest of the flight.

Really quite a pity. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong with this app to deserve this useless performance, please let me know! I'm running the latest version of iOS on an iPhone 6. Pretty standard environment.

Josh

Josh, hate to hear you are have issues. Not all users of the software are having the same problem. Depends on many variables. Like how many apps are running in the background. How good of a connection and signal strength you have with your quad. How mush free memory space your phone has. If you are doing 30 fps try 15 fps . If your problem starts after your headed out after 4 minutes then the issue may be with your antenna signal strength rather than the software. Try the DJI app and see what happens after 4 min. If you start loosing it too then the problem would most likely be hardware. Run a few test and see what you get for results. In 4 minutes I can cover some pretty good distance so my antenna are my savings for my FPV. Had to do some mods to get past 1600 ft out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik