FPV Booster vs Vision Pilot vs Autopilot

Reaction score
While looking for a substitute app for Dji Vision, initially I was intended to buy FPV Booster - not because of the booster itself, but the in-flight functionalities and extra OSD info.

Right aside this one, I saw the Vision Pilot Plus, which has an interesting price for what it offers. It's the same interface as Dji Pilot app, which is really interesting, and has Follow and POI Orbit functionalities, which is what I was looking for.
But there are no reviews on the App Store, so I'd like to know if there's any Vision Pilot user here that could give out some information/review. Definitely an app that I'd buy.

And to finish there's the Autopilot app, which has tons of features (and is really expensive, too!)
Although I didn't enjoy the interface too much, I'd also like to hear from someone using it and justifying the price.

Let me know!

I never heard of this Vision Pilot Plus app.. Interesting! There's a review on there now that just arbitrarily says, "Don't buy this, you can't trust the developer." Lol, no reason, no explanation! Heh, kids these days. :rolleyes:

I do like the FPV Booster app for the flight tracking telemetry stuff. And the interface is clean compared to the standard DJI Vision app. But I hate that I can't (yet) export the telemetry so I can use it with Dashware like a lot of people do.

The Vision Pilot Plus app says it will export that telemetry data... Interesting...!

I've always viewed that Autopilot app as the creme de le creme but I haven't bought it yet because I know I'll rarely use the cool features that distinguish Autopilot.

Sorry, I haven't really helped.. Sounds like I'm +1 for wanting to know anyone who's bought and tried these. I'm tempted to just try buying the Vision Pilot Plus app.

Reactions: gfo315
hii have both and none of them even begin to compare to litchi app, wich unfortunatelly left ios out of the loop... altough well worth the investment in a cheap (hd) android tablet or phone...i use the 90 dollar acaer iconia one 7 and its perfect, and its in alpha but its going to have carboard vr compatibility, i am an alpha tester for this app ( and the other two also for that matter) and i can tell you its really the best.

cheers

Thx for you post... Original question was about these iOS apps tho.. Can you comment a bit on these apps without relation to the litchi app? Would love your thoughts/mini review.

ok hard to not talk about litchi as for me it rulled all other apps out of the loop... ill try.
my experience with vision pilot app is lots off video feed crashes, tryed to use orbit function a couple of times, always ending with me switching s1 back and forth, i dont like that for orbit the only thing you can set is the radious of the circle .... no altitude setting, no speed setting, nada... follow me wasnt the best of experiences neither very erratic behavior from the bird no confidence in it to use it.

as for fpv boster thats just it it boosts range and it gives you fpv, no autonomous flight modes, i had it since it was just the boster, the they added fpv as an in app purchase...fpv...wich i had for free in dji´s vision app, wich has basic ground station features... for free... so i dont think charging for fpv as an in app purchase is really a good deal for us the users...

so... errrr.. ok not going to talk about it...:D

cheers

Yesterday I bought Vision Pilot Plus and used it for the first time. It's a very good app. The interface is equal to the DJI Pilot app which makes it very intuitive.
There's also a flight log with the route and all of the flight records, very good to keep track of what you've been doing, and what can be improved.
Regarding camera options, it allows a bigger ISO up to 3200 which is a milestone for nightly pictures.
Last but not least, incredibly it really powered up my video. When using DJI's app for video, it lags and delays every time. But using this app it's just great, even without using the booster itself.

If you guys want, later on I can make a full review of the app, with screenshots and stuff.
Cheers!

Reactions: jmmanzano
Please do. I bought the Utility app that the same developer made, and I've had problems with it. I've had a couple bizarre behaviors when I tested with it running, and then it never even made the flight log anyway! Would love to hear more from you.

Yesterday I bought Vision Pilot Plus and used it for the first time. It's a very good app. The interface is equal to the DJI Pilot app which makes it very intuitive.
There's also a flight log with the route and all of the flight records, very good to keep track of what you've been doing, and what can be improved.
Regarding camera options, it allows a bigger ISO up to 3200 which is a milestone for nightly pictures.
Last but not least, incredibly it really powered up my video. When using DJI's app for video, it lags and delays every time. But using this app it's just great, even without using the booster itself.

If you guys want, later on I can make a full review of the app, with screenshots and stuff.
Cheers!
Hi there, it would be nice If u can show us more about that app... Thx!

Yesterday I bought the iOS version for my iPhone 5. It still asks to connect to the internet to get a token for the app to start working correctly.
My device is connected to the internet but it still is asking to connect to the internet. Some one else got this figured out?

I also got it installed on my iPad 2 and it works fine (ie. connected to the internet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.