Vision Pilot App

What a terrible app, I got mcu error yesterday for no reason and GPS malfunction today. I certainly don't trust this app at all. Garbage !!

The MCU error is reported by your Phantom. Vision Pilot only displayed what your Phantom reported.

For the GPS Malfunction warning, it is one of the feature of Vision Pilot. There are three conditions that trigger "GPS MALFUNC" warning:
1. home position becomes invalid.
2. drone position becomes invalid.
3. distance between home and drone position are unreasonable.

Reactions: StevenQX
I think I'm going to start making apps for the phantom . Apparently they'll any one put garage out with little or no regard for someone's phantom . What a joke!!

If you are a programmer, you could take a look at the SDK document. DJI does not really describe the error in detail, it only list what the phantom will report

Mc_Compass_Calibration_Error
Mc_Compass_Error
Mc_Config_Error
Mc_Imu_Calibration_Error
Mc_Imu_Error
Mc_Invalid_Battery_Communication_Error
Mc_Invalid_Battery_Error
Mc_Low_Battery_Error
Mc_No_Error
Mc_Pmu_Error
Mc_Sensor_Error
Mc_SerialNum_Error
Mc_Servious_Battery_Error
Mc_Transmitter_Calibration_Error
Mc_Transmitter_Error
Mc_Unkown_Error
Mc_X1_Error
Mc_X2_Error

These 3 conditions that trigger a GPS malfunction warning should be listed some where so we know what it might mean when we see it . What should we do when we see this, other than the obvious fly home as quickly as possible and land .

These 3 conditions that trigger a GPS malfunction warning should be listed some where so we know what it might mean when we see it . What should we do when we see this, other than the obvious fly home as quickly as possible and land .

Usually "GPS MALFUNC" is caused by GPS drop out. If you get the "GPS MALFUNC", we recommend to land their drone immediately to avoid any erratic behavior (flyaway, ..)

Last edited:
Ocatcr:
Does the Vision Pilot App work with the current Phanton 3P firmware v1.3.2 ? Or do I need to install the latest DJI Developer APK.
I am currently running Firmware v1.3.2 and DJI GO 2.0.2 on an Motorola XYDroid 8.2 running Android v4.1.2
Thanks

Hi.
I tried this app on ny Vision 2+ (V 2.0) and iPhone 5.0 with iOS 8.4.1.

And my experience was not that great. It felt like the app was lagging somehow behind all the time. Also the video stream lagged a lot more than in the original app. One time the picture just froze. Had to reconnect and boost the signal with FPV booster and use original app to get some video stream again. Bought it because of the logger, but don`t thing I will use it as stable video stream is more important to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31