Vision camera is dead, LED is dark

Reaction score
My phantom vision camera is broken. The back of the LED is dark. Supply of electricity cable has 12v and 9v. But still the camera is dead. I have not crashed. Wifi is also down. Has anybody else had a problem like this? Can I do something?

The main thing is to make sure the white plug is fully inserted as it seems you have to press hard for the last click. Secondly, NEVER unplug when powered up, it will fry the camera and possibly the main controller in the Phantom. You may want to open the Phantom and verify the other end of the white cable is properly plugged in.

Geo

Thank you for Geo.

I opened the Phantom and the camera. I have the resistance meter. I measured the white cable between the camera and the Phantom and all wires are fine. Both connectors are deep. I put a few drops of electronics cleaner of the connector and switch. Still the camera is dead.

I have never before this blackout removed the white cable. Camera broke up in the sky, as soon as I landed I checked the white connector and a memory card. Both were on the bottom. Annoying when a new camera is so expensive, and I'm not even sure whether the camera is faulty. Maybe the problem is in the main controller?

Could be the mainboard circuit board. (DJI's name is: Spare Part 10)

See images:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 542
Thanks Noël

I see, you a camera connector is burn. See my files, the connector is not damaged. The red and black wire between 12.4 volts. The same voltage can be found in the camera circuit board..

Attachments

• main_board.jpg
    main_board.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 427
  • cam_connector.jpg
    cam_connector.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 380
In that case your mainboard circuit board should be fine.
I've no clue what is causing your camera not to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl