Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Sorry, it seems to have bricked, perhaps the firmware or card improperly and have damaged the camera upgrade.

You are welcome... :)
Ah... Soft setting is useless in my mind. No details.
Very peculiar that you experience different video quality than I do when we use the same settings.
I have v2, but do not think that should make any difference. Hmmm...

BUT are you sure you have the correct 24mbps firmware? It was a bit confusing, as there were several versions being made and uploaded over a short period of time in this thread, so here you have the correct one once more just in case...:

Is there any chance this will work for Phantom 2 Vision (not plus). I have the FC200 camera also and should have the same chip as P2V+

Can you please tell me if this firmware bin will work on mine ? (P2V non plus).

Thank you !

I guess this is a forgotten thread sadly :( would be nice to be able to get 24 mbit from the current 12 mbit that FC200 offers !

Last edited:
Can you please tell me if this firmware bin will work on mine ? (P2V non plus).
I have created a version of the firmware that works on the standard P2V. I will upload it if you are still interested. I modified the values for 1080P30 for 24 Mbps, but I did not edit the range multipliers so it will vary between 18-24 Mbps, depending on conditions.

I have a problem with the autoexec.ash file on my P2V however, I get a horizontal purple bar across the bottom and it does not appear to widen the FOV from narrow. I guess its the wide FOV without modification until I can figure out a fix.

Reactions: bernek
I apologize for the double post, but it appears my image didn't load in the above post.
upload_2017-4-9_11-28-10.png

I have created a version of the firmware that works on the standard P2V. I will upload it if you are still interested. I modified the values for 1080P30 for 24 Mbps, but I did not edit the range multipliers so it will vary between 18-24 Mbps, depending on conditions.

I have a problem with the autoexec.ash file on my P2V however, I get a horizontal purple bar across the bottom and it does not appear to widen the FOV from narrow. I guess its the wide FOV without modification until I can figure out a fix.

Would love to test it out ! Please post it if you have time :)

L.E. the purple bar is "white" in the screenshot ? it will be always present or just when you try to modify the FOV ? It will be possible to flash the stock camera firmware if I get "in trouble" ?

How high the bandwidth can be set for 720p 60 fps ? maybe 30-35 Mbps ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Here it is, be sure to rename and take your precautions while flashing, it did work on mine. I havent been able to compare it to the rest of my footage yet. A side note: my FPV currently does not work, so I don't know if it will affect that, it wasn't working before the flash however either.
a5firmware.bin

Reactions: SkyDude
L.E. the purple bar is "white" in the screenshot ? it will be always present or just when you try to modify the FOV ? It will be possible to flash the stock camera firmware if I get "in trouble" ?

How high the bandwidth can be set for 720p 60 fps ? maybe 30-35 Mbps ?

Thanks !

The purple bar is only present if you use the autoexec.ash file mentioned earlier in the thread and you select narrow POV. It does not occur on the wide POV at 1080P 30. I can't remember if I modified the 720P 60 bitrate, If I did, its somewhere around 20 Mbps. I can't remember, but somewhere I read that the max bitrate available on that chip is somewhere around 25-30 Mbps, plus depending on your SD card it may not be able to read. (Class 4 maxes out at around 32 Mbps). I haven't tried to revert back to the old firmware yet, but you should be able to do it without error, just download it off DJI's website, it's labeled FC200 Firmware v1.1.9. Be sure you label your firmware "firmware.bin" before flashing and that its on the root of your SD card. That goes for the modified firmware and the original firmware. Also be sure that if you are reflashing with the original firmware, be sure it is the one for the P2V not the P2v+.

Will flash it now and report back ! Thanks.

L.E. Worked like a charm ! the bit-rate I've got is variable like you said and for a small clip was a bit shy of 20 Mbps anyway great improvement from 10-11 Mbps !!! (I'm using a UHS-I card 32GB and it worked flawlessly and everything is working as it should)

Thanks a LOT !

Will fly these days when the weather allows me to enjoy the results :D

Last edited:
No problem!!! When I have time (I don't know when, maybe this week maybe in a few weeks) I'll try and work on an improved version, plus I'll see if I can make a new autoexec.ash for the P2V.

Happy Flying!

No problem!!! When I have time (I don't know when, maybe this week maybe in a few weeks) I'll try and work on an improved version, plus I'll see if I can make a new autoexec.ash for the P2V.

Happy Flying!

Thank you man ! You made my day :D

Can't wait for my first flight with it :)

Cheers !

Last video info:

29.97fps 26011kbps [V:
DJI AVC [eng] (h264 main L4.1, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 26011 kb/s)]

Great !

Last edited:
Hi i'm alessandro from italy. I m new here.
I have got a phantom 2 vision plus (v3.0) and i m interessed to edit bitrate. I have read this thread but i cant understand how to do that. Is there a guide to follow step by step? Or someone can tell me how to do that? Thanks a lot

you have to download the modified firmware and then install it, as if it were an official one.

you have to download the modified firmware and then install it, as if it were an official one.
Where i can found the modified fw?
And how can install it?
Because last week i have fixed the black screen problem of the wifi module. If i install the modded fw black screen come again? Thanks

The link is broken and I do not have it anymore. Send PM to those who started this thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic