Videos imported to Resolve/Hitfilm/others very grainy...

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So I've been trying to edit my videos so I can share them with my family. However, I've been struggling for two reasons:

1) Whenever I import videos taken on my P3P to ANY program I have tried, it looks extremely grainy and lags horribly. The videos I'm importing were shot at 4k 30 FPS. The computer I am editing with is equipped with an 3.50 ghz Intel i7-3770k processor, a 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 ti, and 16 gb DDR3 memory (I believe my computer is more than good enough to handle film editing).

I have tried Windows Movie Maker, HITFILM4 Express, and Davinci Resolve. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am really anxious to begin editing and posting my videos. Also, if anyone knows of a free video editing program that will not only fix this issue, but also allow me to export in 4k ( a limitation of all the programs I have tried), that would be awesome (although I highly doubt one exists).

Thanks for all your help!

Hey- I know this is digging up bones now, but did you have any luck?

I have the same setup computer, except my graphics card is a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8gb onboard RAM. However it doesn't get much use rendering video, it's all CPU.

I have the same processor, but I enabled overclocking and have it at about 4.2 GHZ with a coolermaster hyper 212 evo. I can watch my original footage very smoothly as well, but it does take some time rendering. However, I think it's adequate and acceptable for a non-professional PC.

I'm currently looking for a 4K export program as well. Resolve will do it, but the quality is crap. I was honestly wondering if there was a way to export the project to something GoPro studio could open, and use that to render, just to try. No idea if it would be better or not but I have it so why not try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik