Video playback on 4k, 60fps

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just started flying my new P4P+ and I don't think my computer can handle the maxed out video.

Below are the specs on my pc. Any suggestions would be appreciate, including what settings may work.

I've been using VLC media player with no luck. Updated to the newest version and it still won't work.

I'm currently stuck with the micro sd that came with the bird but I have a much faster one on the way.

Note: If I play the video at 1/4 speed, it seems to work. Nothing faster than that will work.

Thanks in advance,

properties.jpg

It's struggling as it uses a pentium dual core. I picked up the FX 8350 and it handles 4K no problems. Costs about £90 in Amazon but of course if you buy that chip you will need an AMD motherboard. Have you tired the footage on another pc? Or a TV that accepts usb input ?

Good idea on the usb to TV. I'll try it now.

I've already told my girlfriend, when I purchased this drone, yesterday, that it comes with "all the bells and whistles" and I shouldn't need to buy much more.

I didn't see a new computer coming...

Grrrrr....

What do I need to know about monitors?

What video res/rate would you recommend?

But thanks,

Good idea on the usb to TV. I'll try it now.

I've already told my girlfriend, when I purchased this drone, yesterday, that it comes with "all the bells and whistles" and I shouldn't need to buy much more.

I didn't see a new computer coming...

Grrrrr....

What do I need to know about monitors?

What video res/rate would you recommend?

But thanks,

I meant HDMI...

Ok, that worked a little better, not much.

So a faster processor and what else?

Would a video card in this computer help?

Ok, that worked a little better, not much.

So a faster processor and what else?

Would a video card in this computer help?
If it's compatible, any kind of "gaming" video card would help. It will help take some of the load off the CPU.

If you're not planning to edit the video, consider burning the video file straight to DVD. And of course you're welcome to shoot lower rez, especially if it's just for casual viewing.

Lastly, try a new tablet with some extra firepower pre-loaded. Here again, look for something marketed toward movies and games.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31