video not finsh the recording and datetime is 1/01/2008

Reaction score
Hi, may be this was answered on other post. But what is happening to me is that 50 to 30% of the videos i record dont finish well and they look with 01/01/2008 datetime, so i have to repair them (lot of time) and not allways i can repair them well.
i allways record on the max resolution and wide. I tried stopping the record first, then the app thene quad and finally transmitter and ex.ranger. I did a lot of combinations with all that, but same result. What is happening with my videos??
Thanks. :?: :?: :?:

Yes i used the default 4gb card and other one of 32gb especially done for android smarthphones. Same problem on both.
I use Grau GMBH but you have to buy it if you want to repair the 100% of the video. If not, it repairs only 50% of the video . Anyway the videos after i repair them were in low speed and i cant change that without re-re-reprocesing them in some way.

Thanks.

This problem is making me crazy. Could be that previous video on the sd go corrupt when i record the next one ? because i saw from the Sd one video and now isnt there, like if when i record the next one the previous one got corrupted...

Nobody will help me with this problem ? Nobody had a similar problem ? this thing is driving me mad.
The only workarround i have, is just have all the time with me a notebook and copying the last video to the NB but it is not partical..!
FCK!!!

Options.

1. Reformat card.
2. Try a different card.
3. Try a recording on the ground.
4. Defrag the card.

Reread your post and the date shows that camera is losing its settings - check connection.

Sounds a lot like a reformat of the card is needed. Do you use a mac? If so, you might find that if you delete the files off the card and then don't empty the trash when the card is still in the mac, the files will not be deleted properly. If I was you, I'd format the card while in the phantom using the app.

I am seeing a lot of "reformat the SD card" answers being offered for various problems. In my experience, the SD card is almost never the problem.

Here is my guess for your problem: you are removing the batter from your Phantom before you stop the video recording. This will produce the problem you are describing. I have done it myself.

So add another item to your mental checklist: stop the video recording before you remove or turn off your battery.

Alexbar said:
Hi, may be this was answered on other post. But what is happening to me is that 50 to 30% of the videos i record dont finish well and they look with 01/01/2008 datetime, so i have to repair them (lot of time) and not allways i can repair them well.
i allways record on the max resolution and wide. I tried stopping the record first, then the app thene quad and finally transmitter and ex.ranger. I did a lot of combinations with all that, but same result. What is happening with my videos??
Thanks. :?: :?: :?:

It sounds like you're turning off the Phantom before you stop the movie with your app. If that's the case... Just put the card back in the camera, turn your Phantom back on and wait about ten seconds. Pull the card out and take a look. Should be fine...

-slinger

Thanks all for your reply,. I will attempt format BOTHS cards that im using. For the other answers If you reread my first post you ll see that i tried all combinations and the problem persists.

Finally im sure i solved my problem.
Some flights ago i changed the default setting on dji app:"When connection Breaks" -->State "Stay idle" to -> "Start recording".
Then i started to have this problem with the recordings. Now, 3 Flights ago, i returned to the default setting that is "Stay idle". Magically the problem disappeared. :ugeek:
So, if you plan to change that setting, please stay aware what happened to me. May be this problem arised only on my drone or may be it is a general version problem.
I think someone can confirm this to me. Thanks again. :geek:

I use DJIFix. It's free and works on 80-90% of corrupted videos. The other 10-20% are supposed to be playable in VLC, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work.

Of the ones it does fix, the only problem I have found is that usually the last 10% of the video doesn't work, but at least you got most of your video back.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5260&p=243841#p243841

-Scott

sbarton said:
I use DJIFix. It's free and works on 80-90% of corrupted videos. The other 10-20% are supposed to be playable in VLC, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work.
The files that are playable by VLC can be played by VLC only if you rename the file to have a ".h264" filename suffix.

Also, if you use a video format other than 1080p 30, then you'll need to use the latest version of "djifix" - updated about a week ago - that prompts you for the video format that you used. Once again, the software can be downloaded from
http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
and includes pre-built application binaries for Mac OS X and Windows, as well as source code.

sbarton said:
Of the ones it does fix, the only problem I have found is that usually the last 10% of the video doesn't work, but at least you got most of your video back.
If you don't see the end of your flight in the repaired video file, then it must not have been recorded to the file in the first place. "djifix" uses all of the video that was in the file.

Ross.

Yes, I wrote the software after analyzing several corrupt video files.

If you have a file that "djifix" can't repair, then let me know (there's an email address near the bottom of the web page), and I'll download and analyze it to see if the software can be updated to repair it.

Ross.

Nice, thanks. I've had 3 that say they can be fixed but need to be renamed to .h264 and played in VLC. All 3 did not work in VLC. Basically it opens in VLC with just a green screen and there is not time. Can't fast forward anywhere.

Not sure how to send you a file that large.

-Scott

Also a requests, can you make so that if you don't supply the name of the fixed video file that it defaults to creating a new file and renames it using the original filename and appending '-fixed' to the file name or something. Just less typing to make it easier/quicker to fix several files.

ie, just typing c:\djifix DJI00240.MP4 would automatically create a fixed file called DJI00240-fixed.MP4

-Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl