video not finsh the recording and datetime is 1/01/2008

sbarton said:
Nice, thanks. I've had 3 that say they can be fixed but need to be renamed to .h264 and played in VLC. All 3 did not work in VLC. Basically it opens in VLC with just a green screen and there is not time. Can't fast forward anywhere.
What video format were you using? If you were using a video format other than 1080p 30, then you'll need to enter a code that specifies what video format you used. (If you're using a version of "djifix" that's more than a week and a half old, then please download an updated version.)

Otherwise, please upload your file to a public cloud sharing web site (such as 'dropbox') and send me the URL, and I'll download your file and take a look at it.

Ross.

sbarton said:
Also a requests, can you make so that if you don't supply the name of the fixed video file that it defaults to creating a new file and renames it using the original filename and appending '-fixed' to the file name or something. Just less typing to make it easier/quicker to fix several files.

ie, just typing c:\djifix DJI00240.MP4 would automatically create a fixed file called DJI00240-fixed.MP4

-Scott

Yes, I'll make this change the next time that I update the software.

Ross.

finlayson said:
sbarton said:
Nice, thanks. I've had 3 that say they can be fixed but need to be renamed to .h264 and played in VLC. All 3 did not work in VLC. Basically it opens in VLC with just a green screen and there is not time. Can't fast forward anywhere.
What video format were you using? If you were using a video format other than 1080p 30, then you'll need to enter a code that specifies what video format you used. (If you're using a version of "djifix" that's more than a week and a half old, then please download an updated version.)

Otherwise, please upload your file to a public cloud sharing web site (such as 'dropbox') and send me the URL, and I'll download your file and take a look at it.

Ross.

I usually use 1080i60. I'm pretty sure it has fixed those though. It was an older release. Just downloaded the new version.

-Scott

sbarton said:
I usually use 720p60.
That's your problem. For those files that can be repaired only as a ".h264" file (playable by VLC), you'll need to use the newest version of "djifix" that prompts you to enter a code specifying which video format you used. (For 720p60, you'll enter: 4)

Ross.

Was actually 1080i60. I retired a couple of my problem files. One asked me which format, I tried several different formats, none worked. I opened it in VLC and got a green screen. Time says 00:00 no matter were I try to fast forward to. Says its playing but cursor does not move on timeline.

I tried another one and it said it could fix it and didn't need to be renamed. Just shows up all black in Windows Media player. When trying to play it in VLC I just get a pic of an orange traffic cone.

Thanks.

-Scott

OK, I'd be interested in taking a look at these files, to see whether the "djifix" software can be updated to fix them. Please upload them to a (publically accessible) web server, and email the URLs to "djifix(at)live555.com", and I'll download them and see what I can do.

Ross.

sbarton said:
Also a requests, can you make so that if you don't supply the name of the fixed video file that it defaults to creating a new file and renames it using the original filename and appending '-fixed' to the file name or something. Just less typing to make it easier/quicker to fix several files.

ie, just typing c:\djifix DJI00240.MP4 would automatically create a fixed file called DJI00240-fixed.MP4

-Scott

FYI, I've just installed a new version (2014.10.04) of "djifix" that works this way. Now, you no longer specify the name of the repaired file; "djifix" will generate this itself.

Ross.

I once read that if you use the DJI smartphone app to transfer the video, it will properly finalize it, hence repairing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20