Video jumping and locking up 5 feet away

Reaction score
Just a quick question and I will paint the picture:

While flying a natural gas pipeline (Class G Airspace) during a job (yes, I am licensed), I was recording some work being done and all was fine. Flew in many different directions, altitudes, and positions.. 1/2 way through the flight, I noticed that the video feed kept locking up, jumping, and freezing.. The Phantom 4 was only 10 feet away about 20 feet AGL. I tried switching it from 4K to next lower resolution.. Nothing, then next level lower resolution and still no difference, I went to the lowest setting and still locking up and freezing. I had 14 satellites (showing the number 14) and batteries were full. I tried moving the antennas in multiple different directions, and no change...

Went to a different location on the pipeline and same thing. Beautiful reception and video recording, then 1/2 way through the flight.. All over again. Jumping and freezing when it was crystal clear before..

What would cause the video feed to worsen when no conditions changes, not moving position, same flight?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping it is a setting that needs to be adjusted..

could your viewing device .....ios or android , be in need of a purge so to speak ?

Brand new Apple IPad Pro.. Nothing loaded on there but the necessary downloads (DJI Go, etc..) Have another IPad that I play with and load everything else on. This IPad specifically just for flying, no music, games, mail, etc.... Just screed for flying..

Thank you for the thought...

I have flows for many months with this set up, and have flown for 20 minutes with absolutely no issues. This just started that last 2 flights.. Had GPS lock and good signal bars.. Would being in the middle of nowhere have anything to do with it?? I would not thinks so being 20 feet up 10 feet away from me....

hmmm.......being in the middle of no where should be a big plus when it comes to good signal . were you close to any valves or equipment that is electrically controlled/ actuated? i would uninstall the app and do a fresh start. but thats just me.

Will do just that.. That's what made no sense... Cow pasture.. filming safety violations and crew working.. Beautiful footage, and then lock up so bad, I had to fly VLOS, not watching the screen.... Blipping in and out..... Changed batteries and thing. But when I moved sites, beautiful footage and then went to crap 1/2 way through footage again.. Will uninstall and install again.. Thank you for the suggestion...

UPDATE:

Just watched video.. all video turned out perfect.. So, my thought is the cord from the controller to the IPad was loose or binding.. Would this have caused the footage to be perfect at the drone, and blocky at the screen???

I had this it was weird no reason just started. I checked Image Transmission Signal and changed it to a stronger (green) channel in the custom mode and it fixed it .....worked better that ever flew out 1000m not a single glitch solid as. Just check this first before breaking out the tools or wallet.
Hope this is of help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan