Video Issues after DJI Go 2.8.2 update

Any idea if we can roll back on Android?
I bought a Galaxy tab 3 and I had to upgrade to get it working but now I have
no Live video feed on either the Tab 3 or my Note 3 which I used up until today with the old firmware...
Dji need to sort this out quickly I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I will be "DRONELESS"
£800 quid plus the Tab 3 £100 all down the Swanee atm
Please help!!!!

There are instructions on how to backdate to previous version in the P4 help forum. It is pretty easy, but fiddly...

It is now not needed though.

If you DELETE your DJI go app and then reinstall it you will be fine.
They "appear" to have re-released 2.8.2 and it has fixed all he issues.

Also here is another thread (easily found using the convenient search tool) that gives some tips on helping your device handle the feed better.

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just tried downloading the app again with no improvement, video still completely breaking up. I don't think anything was updated yet.

Last night I went to 2.8.1 using this trick. Flew this morning and had a couple weak transmissions and not even that far away. I skipped 2.8.0 and went back to 2.7.2. Batteries charging now. Will test later.

It was updated. I had all the issues you described. All fixed with a delete.
There is also two 2.8.2s listed in the AppStore backend.
You will see when you us Charley's to rollback to 2.8.1.

It was updated. I had all the issues you described. All fixed with a delete.
There is also two 2.8.2s listed in the AppStore backend.
You will see when you us Charley's to rollback to 2.8.1.

Maybe I'm not doing it right then, I delete it off my tablet, go to the app store and it downloads from the cloud. Am I just getting the first version of 2.8.2 from the cloud?

If you have a recent iCloud back up with 2.8.1, reset the IOS device with iTunes (not the onboard reset).. then reload the older back up. You'll be back on 2.8.1. This is being reported all over on the DJI forums. DJI is trying to collect as much data as possible for affected users (doesn't seem to be all IOS users). To me, they can't possibly test all the different hardware scenarios they have. Someone told me that in total there are something like 37 different iterations of the P3A/P3P between the Base, A and B versions.. At least two different controller models (A and B).. They absolutely need to get back to a totally stable base and build tests for each of the variants.. This will only continue to happen until they can do that. :-(

For those with the issue, try a restore on iCloud.. You should be back on 2.8.1 (assuming the back up was before the 2.8.2 release). I have automatic app updates turned off.. :-( A pain, but safer..

downgraded to 2.8.1 and am now flying again!!! No video issues at all. Could not get the "new" version of 2.8.2 to work at all, did work a little better with hardware acceleration turned off.

Hello everyone,

...Went out flying today and couldn't keep a solid image transmission signal to save my life. Didn't seem to matter whether the drone was stationary, in motion, 2 feet away or 2000. Image is cutting out, breaking up, and I am getting the weak image transmission error a lot (even though the signal itself seems strong)...

Same problem after the update.

Is there anybody willing to volunteer to email me a copy of 2.8.1 for the iPad? Alternatively, is there some other way to get it. I didn't have it backed up on my desktop, iCloud or anywhere else. Please send me a PM if you can help.

FYI- I still had flickering issues with 2.8.1 on my ipad air 2. I didn't bother with 2.8.0 because it has video issues on my Samsung S5. I currently have 2.7.2 on thanks the Charle program. Just flew about 18 min without an issue. I could easily reproduce a Weak or No signal transmission prior to this, even at a couple feet away. The P3P is running 1.8 and the RC is at latest FW.

Is there anybody willing to volunteer to email me a copy of 2.8.1 for the iPad? Alternatively, is there some other way to get it. I didn't have it backed up on my desktop, iCloud or anywhere else. Please send me a PM if you can help.
Just heck out post #32, use Charles software lots of steps but it worked perfectly to get back to 2.8.1

Last night I learned about the Charles program to downgrade the GoApp. Relatively easy to do if you follow the video. I went to 2.8.1. Still had some flickering in the video. I didn't even bother with trying 2.8.0 on my ipad air 2. I have this version on my Samsung S5 and it had video problems too. Today I went to 2.7.2 and it works great again. No flicker and No Weak image transmission problems. Flew 18 min without a problem. After that flight I did the 32 channel mod for extra piece of mind. Easy mod to do. I did another flight and works perfect as well. I'm gonna stay with 2.7.2. Anything in the 2.8 series seems to be buggy. I'm running 1.8 on the P3P.

Did you delete the GO app and re-install it on your tablet yet?
It has been fixed. Mine flies fine once the "new" 2.8.2 GO app is reinstalled.

I reinstalled 2.8.2 and the video feed to my iPad still cuts out, i.e. reinstalling 2.8.2 did not help.

^ dump 2.8.2. It's garbage. I went as far as doing a full factory wipe of the ipad and reinstalling. It doesn't help. 2.80 & 2.81 also gave me problems with video. It wasn't until I went down to 2.7.2 that it cleared up the video transmission and screen refreshes. Just going to 2.7.2 alone made the feed perfect. I went a stop further though after that flight and did the 32 channel mod. Another perfect test flight.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get this one out there to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or has any advice.

I fly a P4 and use an iPad Pro 9.7 to run my DJI Go app.

I've been flying this setup for about a month now and have literally experienced NO glitches or bugs whatsoever.

Went out flying today and couldn't keep a solid image transmission signal to save my life. Didn't seem to matter whether the drone was stationary, in motion, 2 feet away or 2000. Image is cutting out, breaking up, and I am getting the weak image transmission error a lot (even though the signal itself seems strong).

Tried different channels. No help.

Then I noticed that the app was updated yesterday on my iPad to 2.8.2. Didn't fly yesterday. Today's flight was the first flight since the update.

I also have DJI Go on my phone (iPhone 6S Plus) but automatic app updates are not enabled on my phone. Checked the App Store and the new version of the app has not been installed. I cannot reproduce the issue on my phone with the prior version of the app. No problems whatsoever.

Switch back to the iPad running the new version of the app, and it's terrible again, even 5 feet away in my living room.

Just throwing this out there, hoping someone will have some ideas, or on the off chance I'm not the only one. I'll be giving DJI a call tomorrow and will be sure to report back if I learn anything from them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and it's good to be here on the forum now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I am experincong screen glitches since the update of the go app. I've tried this on both my IPad Mini 2 as well as my iPhone 6 Plus both are exhibiting the same glitches. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the function but it **** sure is annoying. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

I am experincong screen glitches since the update of the go app. I've tried this on both my IPad Mini 2 as well as my iPhone 6 Plus both are exhibiting the same glitches. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the function but it **** sure is annoying. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Did you read my posts? Solution is there.

This Charles utility works excellent to put old apps back on.

How to download older versions of iOS apps

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get this one out there to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or has any advice.

I've been flying this setup for about a month now and have literally experienced NO glitches or bugs whatsoever.

Went out flying today and couldn't keep a solid image transmission signal to save my life. Didn't seem to matter whether the drone was stationary, in motion, 2 feet away or 2000. Image is cutting out, breaking up, and I am getting the weak image transmission error a lot (even though the signal itself seems strong).

Then I noticed that the app was updated yesterday on my iPad to 2.8.2. Didn't fly yesterday. Today's flight was the first flight since the update.

I also have DJI Go on my phone (iPhone 6S Plus) but automatic app updates are not enabled on my phone. Checked the App Store and the new version of the app has not been installed. I cannot reproduce the issue on my phone with the prior version of the app. No problems whatsoever.

Switch back to the iPad running the new version of the app, and it's terrible again, even 5 feet away in my living room.

Just throwing this out there, hoping someone will have some ideas, or on the off chance I'm not the only one. I'll be giving DJI a call tomorrow and will be sure to report back if I learn anything from them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and it's good to be here on the forum now.

I have the same issue with P3P when I upgraded to FW
Hello everyone,

I have the same issue with P3P after upgrading to the newest DJI Go app and installing FW v01.08.0080. I have the android version use Samsung Tab S.
I backed the FW down to the previous version but that gave me notification of firmware update needed. I should look for a previous version for the Go app and see if that works. Thanks for the post thought I was the only one with this issue.

I have the same issue with Phantom 4 iPhone 6s Plus - latest software version on all devices. Will try the backdate the app. Problem started when my app automatically updated. Have tried removing and re installing from the App Store and hard resetting the iPhone to no avail. Hope DJI get this sorted. Worried it was just me but appears to be affecting a lot of people.

I couldn't make that work. The tutorial requires locating a certain server in the list on the left of the app interface. That server did not appear.

Follow the steps. All of them. Its very simple if you get each step.

Close all your other windows, browsers when doing it though, because Charles wil register every action your computer performs, and the App store server can get lost in all the lines.

Take you time, and follow the steps. PLay the vid on another device and pause it to perform each step.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl