Video Issues after DJI Go 2.8.2 update

• P3P with latest FW on aircraft and controller.
  • iPhone 6 w/iOS 9.3.1 and DJI Go 2.8.2
  • iPad Mini 2 w/iOS 9.3.1 and DJI Go 2.8.2
Video smooth as silk. No problems at all. I am having flight stability problems since receiving the aircraft back from DJI Care service. It simply will not hover (P-GPS mode) in anything smaller than a 5' box or so. That's another story though.
P4 has lots off issue tilted horizon gimbal noise etc..im switching to yuneec typhoon h

I guess I will be calling DJI today. Will report back on what they have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Trebla
Same crap here... Could any of you, please, copy the 8.2.1 IPA file here ? The P4 is completely useless now....

For what it's worth, I spoke with DJI today and was told that their "R&D team" was aware of the issue and was working on it. They took my contact information and said they would be back in touch. Gave me no timeframe.

Reactions: Trebla
I have a P3A and am using my galaxy S5. Had no issues until yesterday when video was cutting out and the recordings were just as bad. The app froze a few times while trying to do POI flying, to the point where I just brought it back in and was done for the day. I've got version 2.8.0 running. Hope they fix this soon as it was frustrating trying to fly with the choppy feed.

Yes, we had the same issue with both of our phantom 4 today. We were flying with a friend who has the previous version and he was fine. Contacted DJI tonight and they say the have no reports about this problem. Will try and restore back previous versions from back up on itunes
i contact dji aswell and they told me the same story they say that have no reports about this problem which is bs they all acting like the 2.8.2 is fine and nobody is having a problem they did it again crappy and unstable dji app 2.8.2

Reactions: zacksomeone
I suffered with weak video too tonight, which after a wonderfully performing first flight yesterday, is a bit disheartening. At least I am aware of what the P4/iPhone is capable of. I would have been mortified I had tried it today and been greeted with a such signals!

I don't usually have any problems upgrading either the firmware or software on my P3P and iPad Air, but today I did suffer from the video transmission drop-out that others are experiencing. It was very bad, although the control transmission was fine.

I decided to delete the Go App completely and download a fresh copy. It appears to have solved the problem with no video drop-outs for one full battery flight. I just hope it's a permanent fix.

I flew my first flight today on the updated DJI app and for the first time had video drop out when the bird was 100 feet away. It was so bad I switched to Litchi. No problem. So until they get it fixed. Start up with DJI app and switch to Litchi.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guys... if you wanna go back to 2.8.1 just follow this tutorial, if works !!!

How to download older versions of iOS apps

IMG_9259.png

Reactions: Mcook929 and WRXJIM
I just backdated to 2.8.1 using the method shown above :)
Was pretty easy, but the video moves fairly quickly so I had it playing on anotehr device while I used my laptop along side it.
I have also turned OFF auto **** effin updates!!
I cant believe how badly it screwed me up.
Seriously, video feed was almost unusable at the same place it was perfectly fine just one day prior.
I have 2.7k back and the world is right until DJI can update their update. LOL
I recommend the video above to anyone who has had problems.
It was fairly straight forward. I can tel you at the part where you look for the previous firmware. 2.8.1 is this number in the list of previous updates. (the 3rd up incidentally, so maybe they are working on an update fix)
Enjoy flying again :)

I can confirm that the above method works to revert to 2.8.1. I am back on 2.8.1 myself now, and lo and behold, the problems are gone!

Freaking Incredible. I'm back to 2.8.1 on my iPad Air 2 Thank you Ovt. I don't have test time with it as it's dark out now.

I'm only skeptical for the moment because I have 2.8.0 on my Samsung S5 and I was getting No Signal with that as well.

I hope this works though. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

I had the same issue. It didn't matter whether the Phantom was in the air or on the ground a few feet away, the breakups were the same so it can't be signal strength.

Did you delete the GO app and re-install it on your tablet yet?
It has been fixed. Mine flies fine once the "new" 2.8.2 GO app is reinstalled.

I am too very unhappy with the video blanking out constantly, I can be giving 30 feet high right in front of me and the signal shows full bars but the video goes out on my Air-2, I never experienced this with my P3, any suggestions?

I will be getting the .ipa file of the previous version and can post it here, then you can copy it and drag it into your itunes and restore the ipad with the old app. Probably wnot get it until the weekend though
Thanks

There are instructions on how to backdate to previous version in the P4 help forum. It is pretty easy, but fiddly...

It is now not needed though.

If you DELETE your DJI go app and then reinstall it you will be fine.
They "appear" to have re-released 2.8.2 and it has fixed all he issues.

Also here is another thread (easily found using the convenient search tool) that gives some tips on helping your device handle the feed better.

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik