V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

There was a report that by switching ON China Map details in Go ... the Google Maps popped up ... switching off China Map details caused HERE to pop up.

Nigel

9.7 inches. That must be the difference.
Outside flying for a few. Here maps came back up after starting up Go a couple times. Arrow in map shows me doing 360 but does not move when moving away. Tried all settings. Fired up Litchi and it's working normal.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app
In IOS version there is this "radar view" on bottom left corner and maps screen in bottom right corner.

Ios version seems to be working better than android version imho. Tested with my wifes iPhone 6.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

There was a report that by switching ON China Map details in Go ... the Google Maps popped up ... switching off China Map details caused HERE to pop up.

Nigel
Sometimes there is no logic in DJI :)

If this is true then this is just a good thing..

Nigel.. Are you going to test this 3.1.3 by distance test to see how it performs(video signal and quality at long distances) versus 2.9.1/3.0.1 ??

Nigel
Not true at my location. Cannot get satellite view at all doing that, even though there is a satellite and night icon. And I on getting 4G.

I flew today on GO APP Android 3.1.3 without issues. I did not fly far nor fast but the C2 signal was good with no intermittent notices and while the video is still not super smooth (Phantom 3 Standard) it is fast enough to track the picture or video I was shooting. On a day that it is not so cold I will do a forced RTH. The RTH point set as expected and did not change during the 15 minute flight. I am waiting for the more adventurous of this forum to fly a long distance on this version of the GO APP.

Reactions: Simzy666
I've never used a version of GO that uses google maps. Can I ask why everyone seems to prefer google over here maps?

I've never used a version of GO that uses google maps. Can I ask why everyone seems to prefer google over here maps?
For most places in the world, the imagery in Google maps satellite view is much better with higher resolution and sharper detail. The here maps are still adequate to the task however.

215106u8fnjbfffp6xtfgb.jpg

This could be the straw that finally breaks the camels back with DJI.
Look out Litchi and Yuneec here come a whole heep of new customers.
How can you force your loyal owners to be BETA testers . Update or dont fly seams to be DJI's attitude.

Sometimes there is no logic in DJI :)

If this is true then this is just a good thing..

Nigel.. Are you going to test this 3.1.3 by distance test to see how it performs(video signal and quality at long distances) versus 2.9.1/3.0.1 ??

Yes I will but it will only be near end of month when I get back from travels .... I'm currently on business trip Geneva - London - Dubai ... expect home about 20 Feb.

I am not afraid to test 3.1.3 ... I survived 3.1.2 and its faults !!

Nigel

For most places in the world, the imagery in Google maps satellite view is much better with higher resolution and sharper detail. The here maps are still adequate to the task however.

The difference is usually in the Satelite views ... But in fact HERE maps are the old NAVTEQ which provide 99% of Autocar nav system maps. BUT to have the full HERE maps - it is a paid version. The free version we cache is a poor cousin as you'd expect.
Google generally has later satelite imagery but that is debatable in many areas I fly / travel. Even my house only shows the situation of years ago ..... with HERE showing the same !!

One strange thing is I notice quite a bit of cloud cover on some HERE maps but not on Google. Which I find strange because surely - they must be both taking images from same satelite source ? Neither actually has its own satelite up there !!

Nigel

I have just turned on my mobile phone and opened the GO app after reading this thread and Yes, I have to do the update. I'm nervous....I have limited flying distance already (live on a large farm in Qld, Aust without mobile reception) and Here is always just a blank white patch on my app despite my trying to cache maps after reading posts here. When the app says "Please check the home point on your map" I always have a chuckle as all I can see is an arrow and the white background. Google maps was great. I was trying to work up the courage to downgrade to an older version of GO to get the distance my son gets but that's apparently not an option now.

Really not fair that you have to have mobile reception to get maps. Also not ideal that you are forced to update......I had planned to go for a drive today and fly and would have got there then had to return home to update before I could fly. I didn't fly because it was 40°C, too hot for me and probably too hot for the p3s. As others have said, the forced update should only be for the 3.1.2 app version.

i have version 2.9.1 and no notification to update..but had denied the Internet access for dji go in the phone settings.

till now, it works :)

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really not fair that you have to have mobile reception to get maps. Also not ideal that you are forced to update......I had planned to go for a drive today and fly and would have got there then had to return home to update before I could fly. I didn't fly because it was 40°C, too hot for me and probably too hot for the p3s. As others have said, the forced update should only be for the 3.1.2 app version.

You can always delete the app version that you have, install a previous version, then TURN OFF UPDATES on your smart device.

You can always delete the app version that you have, install a previous version, then TURN OFF UPDATES on your smart device.
Turning off updates does not do it this time, many of us have that turned off already and are getting this message. All it needs is internet access and the app gets locked out until you update.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have just turned on my mobile phone and opened the GO app after reading this thread and Yes, I have to do the update. I'm nervous....I have limited flying distance already (live on a large farm in Qld, Aust without mobile reception) and Here is always just a blank white patch on my app despite my trying to cache maps after reading posts here. When the app says "Please check the home point on your map" I always have a chuckle as all I can see is an arrow and the white background. Google maps was great. I was trying to work up the courage to downgrade to an older version of GO to get the distance my son gets but that's apparently not an option now.

You do not need cell service to get maps, the tablet I use for drone flying has no cell service capability and I get whatever map they deem I'm allowed to get.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

FYI for anyone hearing of this for the first time: It has been reported countless times in the many threads on this topic that if you are connected to the internet you will get the update message even if you have disabled auto updating of the GO app. I have not tested this personally, but I trust the feedback from so many pilots who have confirmed that turning off updates does not stop the message from appearing.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4