V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

Reaction score
V 3.1.3 out now.

Updated no fly zone DB.

Location (home point) fix peviously implemented in the updated build of 3.1.2.

Reactions: Cozza89
checked my phone this morning , no message until I opened DJI GO , then a box pops up telling me that my app it out of date and MUST BE UPDATED , could not clear the message or do anything with the app so now DJI are forcing you to update !

Reactions: zx10guy1
I deselected auto-update on my Android and I have no update message to change my 3.0.1 App - which would normally appear with all the other Android Update notifications .... in fact I never have seen any banner on GO to update GO ... but it does show the red banner for FW ... which I ignore.

I am travelling at moment and away from my machine ... will be very interested to see if DJI have changed their Go App updating system ...

Nigel

I deselected auto-update on my Android and I have no update message to change my 3.0.1 App - which would normally appear with all the other Android Update notifications .... in fact I never have seen any banner on GO to update GO ... but it does show the red banner for FW ... which I ignore.

I am travelling at moment and away from my machine ... will be very interested to see if DJI have changed their Go App updating system ...

Nigel
I have installed today the same 3.0.1 version, but now, when I open the app I receive the update message pop-up like @kndll

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I checked Google Play from my computer today (10 February 2017). DJI GO APP is version 3.1.3

What's New
- Updated No-fly Zone database.
- Fixed bugs and issues when setting the user’s current position as the Home Point.

I had auto update turned off , I think I was connected to home Wi-Fi , if you stay away from home Wi-Fi you might not get the message and still be able to use older versions of the app -- just a theory , on a side note version 3.1.3 has removed the INSPIRE ONE that 3.1.2 added to my account , now just the P3S that I bought :(:D

Just looked update is Feb 7th. Version 3.1.2. But fixed the false home point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Look again, it's 3.1.3, and you are made to update. The Go app is locked out until you do, even with auto update turned off.

So are people saying that Go app older than 3.1.3 locks up and forces you to update ?

That's not nice !!

I recently changed to Litchi to get around some issues but have 3.0.1 still installed for tests and also to check FW updates.

Nigel

Nigel
Yes they most have, I'm also on 3.0.1 and also have auto update turned OFF. And guess what, I CAN"T use the Go app till it's updated, that's BS.

Naughty Naughty DJI .....

Seems like Litchi may have a sales boom !!

Nigel

Reactions: naohiro
I had auto update turned off , I think I was connected to home Wi-Fi , if you stay away from home Wi-Fi you might not get the message and still be able to use older versions of the app -- just a theory , on a side note version 3.1.3 has removed the INSPIRE ONE that 3.1.2 added to my account , now just the P3S that I bought :(:D
Once I booted my device (auto turn off) I also got this message, "Update or die" just kidding. I even tried turning off the device's wifi, but it was too late I guess. Even with wifi off, I still get the update message.

What about if you disconnect internet(wifi&mobile data) and then install 3.0.1. It is impossible dji go to transfer information with servers without data. Of course you can forget cacheing maps, but it should work just fine.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Just came in my mind that you can't connect to internet after the flight. Android system opens apps to background automatically and they can use data.

What about if you disconnect internet(wifi&mobile data) and then install 3.0.1. It is impossible dji go to transfer information with servers without data. Of course you can forget cacheing maps, but it should work just fine.

It's a solution, but you can forget about sync and other online features. :(

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

You and I think alike. Uninstall the current version of Go, side download the version you want. Turn off the device's wifi before installing the new (older) version of Go, and don't turn the wifi back on where it might connect to the internet. Have not tested this, just thinking out loud. And you could still connect to the internet later, just make sure Go is forced closed beforehand.

You and I think alike. Uninstall the current version of Go, side download the version you want. Turn off the device's wifi before installing the new (older) version of Go, and don't turn the wifi back on where it might connect to the internet. Have not tested this, just thinking out loud. And you could still connect to the internet later, just make sure Go is forced closed beforehand.
It should work that way, but force close doesn't help with android. Android launched programs to background automatically. It is a feature in android to launch programs quickly that are used often and it cannot be disabled.

Solution is to have device that is dedicated to flying and it isnt never connected to internet.

Here is a screenshot of my running apps.
Dji go is there in background even I havent launched it in week.

Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Screenshot_20170210-193301.jpg

Last edited:
But the $64,000.00 question is does this new version work as it is supposed to? Anyone testing it, successfully or otherwise should be encouraged to share their results with us.

Reactions: Simzy666
My phone updated GO to 3.1.2 overnight. My question now is do I have to update my P3S and batteries? Was trying not to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

My phone updated GO to 3.1.2 overnight. My question now is do I have to update my P3S and batteries? Was trying not to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's FW your talking about, this is the Go app version we're discussing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4