V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

DJI must pay for the maps.. Here maps are cheaper and google maps are more expensive.

If we consider the whole market I still think that more than half are happy with here maps and doesn't care. = DJI doesnt care
You've gone radio silent on the Google map question. Are you still saying you can get Google maps to work on version 3.1.3, and if so please post a screen shot for us all, thanks. I'm assuming your on an Android device, as it is only Android that is at version 3.1.3 right now.

I think you can get google maps if you have a 3g/4g connection , 3g/ 4g is spotty here and that would explain why I had google maps a couple of times and why some people get google maps easily , I don't think you can cache the maps anymore , I think they need a 3g/4g connection , apparently here don't need a 3g/4g connection .

#31. That's a screen shot of 3.1.3 with Google maps. You want another one? I have cleared both cache and data on DJI Go. Only thing haven't done is clear cache in recovery.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

#31. That's a screen shot of 3.1.3 with Google maps. You want another one? I have cleared both cache and data on DJI Go. Only thing haven't done is clear cache in recovery.

Is that an Android device? The display does not look like mine. For one the Google map box is on the right, mine is on the left.

just turned on data roaming so I could get 4g , and I have google maps , 3G/4G CONNECTION IS THE SECRET TO GETTING GOGLE MAPS .
That sucks for those like myself that use dedicated device (no sim) for our Phantoms. I once used my cell phone for my P3S, but have since installed a tablet holder and my tablet does not have cell service. I could use my cell in a pinch, but once you get use to a 7" or 9" screen going back to a cell is not fun.

You've gone radio silent on the Google map question. Are you still saying you can get Google maps to work on version 3.1.3, and if so please post a screen shot for us all, thanks. I'm assuming your on an Android device, as it is only Android that is at version 3.1.3 right now.
Samsung galaxy s7 running android 6.0.1

Here is screenshots:

Screenshot_20170210-233701.png

Screenshot_20170210-233757.png

And here is youtube video:

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

That sucks for those like myself that use dedicated device (no sim) for our Phantoms. I once used my cell phone for my P3S, but have since installed a tablet holder that does not have cell service. I could use my cell in a pinch, but once you get use to a 7" or 9" screen going back to a cell is not fun.
It would be nice if DJI would tell us how things are going to work from now on instead of us wasting time and eventually figuring it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Samsung Tab S2. Map has always been on right.

I'm on a Nexus 7 2nd gen, has a 7' screen. How large is your screen? My map is on the lower left, always has been. Can't display the small map and radar at the same time like in your screen shot. I can switch between them, on the lower left. Just like in post #68.

Last edited:
That sucks for those like myself that use dedicated device (no sim) for our Phantoms. I once used my cell phone for my P3S, but have since installed a tablet holder that does not have cell service. I could use my cell in a pinch, but once you get use to a 7" or 9" screen going back to a cell is not fun.
it means using data also .

Samsung galaxy s7 running android 6.0.1

Here is screenshots:

View attachment 75857
View attachment 75858

And here is youtube video:

Thank you for doing that. I think we're coming to the understanding the device needs to have a cell data connection, not just a wifi connection to get these Google maps to work on 3.1.3. So we are assuming your device is getting this map data via cell service?

you obviously have 3g/4g connectivity .
Thats correct sir..

I noticed that you cannot anymore use inspire 1 mode to cache the maps and then connect the phantom.

If I'm flying with my phone I can cache the maps by disconnecting wifi and cache the maps in 3G and then connect back to phantoms wifi and start flying.

If I'm flying with my tablet(doesnt have sim card) I can make a wifi hotspot with my phone and share that connection to share maps.

Thats correct sir..

I noticed that you cannot anymore use inspire 1 mode to cache the maps and then connect the phantom.

If I'm flying with my phone I can cache the maps by disconnecting wifi and cache the maps in 3G and then connect back to phantoms wifi and start flying.

If I'm flying with my tablet(doesnt have sim card) I can make a wifi hotspot with my phone and share that connection to share maps.

Why wouldn't DJI have told us this ??????????????

Thats correct sir..

"If I'm flying with my tablet(doesnt have sim card) I can make a wifi hotspot with my phone and share that connection to share maps."
Have you tested this? Because when I've tried to do this at home using my home wifi, it won't work. Have not tried using the hotspot method yet.
When you say "share maps" you're meaning download maps, correct?

I'm on a Nexus 7 2nd gen, has a 7' screen. How large is your screen? My map is on the lower left, always has been. Can't display the small map and radar at the same time like in your screen shot. I can switch between them, on the lower left. Just like in post #68.
9.7 inches. That must be the difference.
Outside flying for a few. Here maps came back up after starting up Go a couple times. Arrow in map shows me doing 360 but does not move when moving away. Tried all settings. Fired up Litchi and it's working normal.

"If I'm flying with my tablet(doesnt have sim card) I can make a wifi hotspot with my phone and share that connection to share maps."
Have you tested this? Because when I've tried to do this at home using my home wifi, it won't work. Have not tried using the hotspot method yet.
When you say "share maps" you're meaning download maps, correct?
What I meant by "sharing that connection" is that I'm using that hotspot connection to download/cache the maps in dji go.

Here is a video proof. This Harminpaikka5 is my home wifi, but I cannot see what could be the difference is the wifi your connecting your home wifi or hotspot made by your phone on a road.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl