V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

But I still can't connect to the standard without updating. Will the firmware be the same as it was or will I be forced into that also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm, so is the forced update a way for DJI to cover their butts because of this flyaway issue? I guess one can't blame them for that, but if it doesn't fix the issue, now you have everyone on a bad version without any way to downgrade (without cutting off Internet access).

Uninstalling and side loading probably wont work as the newly installed app has to be registered online with DJI. Betcha it then demands and update!
:(

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
I'm flying tomorrow hopefully, don't mind being a test subject for UK users. It would be very bad if the issue is still there and DJI won't let us fly on other versions :/

Anyway I will try the new update tomorrow around 3pm GMT

I attempted a flight a little while ago but the wind was too high. I did hit a strange point. I got out to 2000 feet and it did a RTH! I had allot of screen glare and could not see what the signal looked like. The weather will probably not cooperate for me until next weekend. I may try one more flight this afternoon.
Edit - Just looked at my flight log and it does show to lose signal at 2260 feet and rth takes over. I was flying in high wind over a dam. May have possibly had something to do with the remote radio tower on the dam as I had put it between me and the P3S.

I just went out and braved the wind and flew a 3800 foot path at which the P3 blew sideways and out of my line of sight and RTH. I am right on the 5 mile boundary of my local airport. What is this "No Fly Zone" going to do? Is it going to block me from areas where I normally call the tower and get permission to fly?

Edit, just looked online at DJI's NFZ map and my airport doesn't even appear. Is there a way that I can view a map on the go app?

Last edited:
It should work that way, but force close doesn't help with android. Android launched programs to background automatically. It is a feature in android to launch programs quickly that are used often and it cannot be disabled.

Solution is to have device that is dedicated to flying and it isnt never connected to internet.

Here is a screenshot of my running apps.
Dji go is there in background even I havent launched it in week.

Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Screenshot_20170210-193301.jpg

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
That would work in theory, but some of us want to upload our logs. Like HealthyDrones and PhantomPilot log viewers.

I got Google maps with my update. Everything connected really quick.. so far I like it..

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey.. wait... it isnt april 1st.. no april fools here :)

It is some kind of bug cause here maps is used after 3.0.1. Somehow my 3.1.1 used google maps when I installed it and day after the here maps were back.. :/

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Don't know but messed up. One time I go in have here the next Google.
1486757098252.png

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

App permisions?
But the $64,000.00 question is does this new version work as it is supposed to? Anyone testing it, successfully or otherwise should be encouraged to share their results with us.

That indeed is the question. Some peeps are reporting it's ok but it's way too early. If they did fix the home point issue but nothing else then it's still going to be a roll-of-the-dice.

I have all permissions for DJI GO set to 'DENY' but have not connected my mobile to the internet yet.
I will not upgrade from 1.7.9 but have a feeling that future FW upgrades will require updated software.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4