V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

The new upgrade fixes the false home point, and seems to work on all accounts. I can't imagine why one would want to run an outdated software on a quad. I can see it on software for anything but a $1500. dollar quad that might fly away or stop flying without the "current" code.

From the short test flights I've managed to do in between bouts of horrible weather, I can say without reservation that Litchi is a far better solution. The DJI Go app has been flakey from the start no matter what version I've tried, with video lag being the most bothersome. After spending the $28 Canadian, with some trepidation, on Litchi I am now convinced it was money well spent and I will only install DJI Go on my secondary device for periodic maintenance.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
The new upgrade fixes the false home point, and seems to work on all accounts. I can't imagine why one would want to run an outdated software on a quad. I can see it on software for anything but a $1500. dollar quad that might fly away or stop flying without the "current" code.
Fixes the RTH bug on the ONE VERSION inflicted with it. I (one of many) was running v2.9.1 with google maps. No such bug in that version. I was forced to upgrade a proven piece of software with superior maps to some unknown (untested?) POS with inferior maps.

Reactions: gbmarsh64
Fixes the RTH bug on the ONE VERSION inflicted with it. I (one of many) was running v2.9.1 with google maps. No such bug in that version. I was forced to upgrade a proven piece of software with superior maps to some unknown (untested?) POS with inferior maps.
you can get GOOGLE maps if you have a 3g/4g cellular connection , phantom must be turned on

you can get GOOGLE maps if you have a 3g/4g cellular connection , phantom must be turned on
Dont think so...tell us how

Last edited:
Well i guess i need to invest in litchi stocks because i will not be forced to use something that had no problems with until they forced their Who knows what, or if, (proven)software upgrades. I paid for the dang thing so let me decide if i want to brick the dang thing.

like this
Screenshot_2017-02-11-14-02-45.png
Screenshot_2017-02-11-14-05-48.png
Screenshot_2017-02-11-14-06-21.png

Google window appears but is greyed out.

The next step will be forced firmware updates and a lock out of apps that are not from DJI. Once they do that they will lock out overrides of NFZ's, distance and height limits.

I guess they feel that they own enough of the market now and they can pull the same things that Apple, Google and many other software/hardware companies have done in the past with enforcing propriety control masked as "being in the best interests of their customers" . It may be dating me but Apple was famous for "forcing" you to purchase hard drives only from them stating that all other hard drives were inferior to their OEM drives...even though they were the same drives you could purchase for half the price. Silver Lining software solved that problem for the knowledgeable but non geeks paid the full price.

I'm sure they have their reasons but in the end it will be us that pay the price.

Sucks but I am pretty sure that my next drone will not be made by DJI... If I have a choice by then

My first post here. I have been reading this forum for some time and love it. To the topic at hand- I downloaded the latest release and used it yesterday, last night and some today (enought fling to run 19 batteries) and had great success with the latest app. Google maps came up everytime, home point showed perfect and RTH funtioned properly. BUT-- this evening I somehow managed to factory reset my phone ( Samsung S7) while it was in my pocket. So I re-downloaded the Dji GO app and now have here maps and the video feed is jumpy and bad.

Google window appears but is greyed out.
I think it's your data connection , I used to get that back with 3.1.1 when I didn't know what I was doing and didn't have data roaming turned on , now I get a grid pattern in GOOGLE maps and tapping the screen zooms in , i keep tapping until the detailed map appears .

Dont have both choices you show...just the first one. Have galaxy s7. Repeated what i did before and google does not appear at all. Maybe one day DJI will reinstate google maps...for me i dont have hours to try to figure it out. Clearly i dont have here with Verizon what you hve in Canada.

I live on the edge of my coverage area and 4g connection is spotty without using data roaming connecting to nearest tower which is competitor's , then I get 4g .

I get strong 4g service there is more to it than that. Sounds like faking the phone out and getting google maps by some backdoor is what is happening. Beyond me. Thanks for the help though.

You do not need cell service to get maps, the tablet I use for drone flying has no cell service capability and I get whatever map they deem I'm allowed to get.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I wish that worked for me. I usually have my phone on flight mode but with wifi turned on as it just chews up the battery looking for mobile service when I'm at home. Even with the app open and wifi on but not connected to drone I see no maps since Google maps.

So I updated to 3.1.3 this morning so I could go for a fly early before the heat. Got to my usual 250m away and 120m up. RTH kicked in at one point and the drone came safely home although I aborted before landing. Video is now jumpy occasionally and kept turning itself off but I'm hoping that was because my card was nearly full. I had this kind of hope that I now might get more distance but alas, not to be. Still had Here maps although tried disconnecting from drone and reconnecting as someone here suggested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94