Using DLog with P4P

Reaction score
I am a newbie to color grading but that isn't stopping me from having fun with it. I'm finding the new DLog color profile easy to work with. I've only used DLog twice, once early this morning and again late this afternoon. Edited with Cyberlink PowerDirector 15.

The camera settings are listed in the YouTube description.

Last edited:
Here's an uncorrected section of footage from the beginning of the above video, straight from the micro-sd card, to help illustrate the amount of information that's available to mess with:

Ive seen this d-lo mentioned a few times now, whay exaxtly does it do? Just make all the colours flat?

Obviously there is a massive difference between your 2 videos, for me the colour graded one looks a bit un-natural in the trees?

Ive seen this d-lo mentioned a few times now, whay exaxtly does it do? Just make all the colours flat?

Obviously there is a massive difference between your 2 videos, for me the colour graded one looks a bit un-natural in the trees?
Yes, the exaggeration of reds was deliberate on my part. A natural look was not a priority for me.

I am not a good source of information regarding how D-Log works or what it does. Yes, it makes the colors flat. My understanding is that this is what enables the video file to contain more information and greater dynamic range to work with. I'm going to stop now because I've told you more than I know already.

Reactions: Dazzauk

D-LOG enables you to shoot "flat", allowing for higher dynamic range and more scene details being preserved. As such, it gives you more color editing freedom in post production.

D-LOG enables you to shoot "flat", allowing for higher dynamic range and more scene details being preserved. As such, it gives you more color editing freedom in post production.

Ah ok, thanks, ill try it out :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl