Using 2 Iphones or Ipads for My Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced ( Sorta works)

Reaction score
Hey all,

So if you already knew this then it wouldn't really apply to you. I just tested out the USB to see if it accepts duo iphones/ipads and found out it actually works. I dont think it will show two FPVs at the same time but I seems to be able to show one as FPV and the other for maps which is what I exactly was looking for.

I haven't taken this out for a full flight test yet but I plan to. I am excited about the potential for this. Now I all I need is to find a extra holder for the second monitor. Any suggestions?

Also I recommend getting a apple certified duo USB port so you don't run in to "this is not supported" issue. The link up between the two is still a little wonky. I am sure they will come out with a full support for this in the future. I am hoping for a off Transmitter full shared screen, I know they have youtube live but I am not really looking to do that more of a on site live stream eventually.

11218598_10205321394206962_2593742467084182896_o.jpg

So I found this little duo zip up cord 8 pin plug today it should work well for the split but I don't know if it's certified apple.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Update: Saturday May 16

So I finally got a chance to test this out a little more. First off you will sometimes get a duo functional monitors but I notice it will switch between the two apple devices as if it cant decide which one to use. So I had to plug in one before the other at some point. Secondly I tried different cords including the zipup cord and it was not able to detect the generic or aftermarket cords.

Verdict: I am not sure if its the USB adapter that is causing this switching back and forth but it is always better to use certified 8pins iphone and even usb adapters. The possibilities are actually there it looks like a patch or two and this feature might be available. Which would be great I would love to run two monitors one for FPV and another for mapping.

I am still testing this and will even contact DJI and ask if this will be added later in a software patch.

Last edited:
Very nice. Excited to see how it flies and if there are any limitations

Reactions: EnronCEO
Very nice. Excited to see how it flies and if there are any limitations
I am to, I am still looking for a combo tray holder.

Why does it say Roll Left on the right side of your right stick??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did u get those overlays for the remote?
They are from ebay but I used the old P2 set for some of the modules.

I'm sorry. I meant I would also like to see how his tests go for the purpose of running an iPhone 6 for map and mini for view. Sorry. I didn't say that very well
I am hoping to test it tomorrow, but I still cant seem to find a good second FPV holder.

Why does it say Roll Left on the right side of your right stick??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oops good call I think I was half asleep when I applied that. lol

Nice Find... You just gave me one hell of a crazy idea.... 2 iPads + One Apple TV.. :D
I almost think you can connect 3 or even more to one USB but I haven't tested any of it. I am still looking for a proper FPV holder that is compatible with the transmitter without removing the main FPV tray.

Nice find...

Reactions: F6Rider and cmyk22
OK, I like that, what is the full name an/or maker so I can find one.
I just tired the cable with ipad and iphone it is not compatible, don't buy I am returning it.

Reactions: F6Rider
I almost think you can connect 3 or even more to one USB but I haven't tested any of it. I am still looking for a proper FPV holder that is compatible with the transmitter without removing the main FPV tray.

Well, My plan is to use my iPad Air 2 for FVP/Pilot App, My iPad Mini for Maps only like you showed above and Airplay/stream/Mirror my iPad Air to my Apple TV like i explained it on this post i made.. (http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...-monitor-using-an-apple-tv.41971/#post-382086) and maybe and thats a big MAYBE.. Stream live to Youtube as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers