Upgrading to either a P4 or P4pro

Reaction score
Ok. Plenty of posts I know, but I wanted to get everyone's perspective. Lost my p3pro this weekend (you can read about my misfortune in a diff post). AnywAy, looking to get either a p4 or p4pro. If I go with a p4, thinking of getting the drone world falcon edition. I know - a lot more expensive but I like the mods. Anyway a few questions:
1) would you go with the stock p4 or p4 pro - why?
2) anyone test out the falcon edition? Is it worth the price $2700?
3) lastly - I could go with another p3pro - cheap at $800 right now. Is the p4 a lot better?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

1) would you go with the stock p4 or p4 pro - why?
Since you seem to have no budget limitation, go with the P4P. It has a better camera and longer range. The following video explains most of the other differences:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3) lastly - I could go with another p3pro - cheap at $800 right now.
A lot of improvements were made in the P4. You can find a complete list of new features here.

Sorry - meant to say "upgrading". Auto fill gone awry!
Fixed the title for you.
The P3 pro is good and the P4 is good + a bit more.
It's more refined and has the obstacle avoidance if that's important to you.
The P4 pro has a few extra refinements like rear sensors and higher speed with OA enabled and longer VPS range.
But these are just frills.
The main reason to consider the P4 pro is the camera.
It's a big jump from the P4 which had the same camera as the P3 (the differences were too small to see).
If you are serious about photography, look into the camera features.
All three options are good and better than anything currently offered by any other manufacturers.

If I would have a P3 and wanted to upgrade I would go for the P4P because of the camera, The P4 is good bird but not that much camera improvement from a P3 compared to the pro.

If you hve the budget, go for the falcon edition. I did and have no regrets. The level of confidence their mod on the rc gives you is unparalleled. Times when you want to fly out and reach a summit or island, just go for it. Your only limit would be to keep an eye on your battery power. The transmission signal and hd video feed is pretty much bulletproof. The p4p is also awesome but im not a fan of the dual frequency. They change freq channels automatically but not bands when it needs to.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

All depends on what you want from a drone and that would be reflected in the price you pay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan