Upgraded firmware Last week and now constant strong interference

Reaction score
After I upgraded firmware on my P4 I get constant strong interference messages every second or two in a place I have rarely had that message before even though I have flown there many times . I also took the P4 straight up above me to 392 ft on that same first flight after update to take a few sunrise pics and it lost signal to RC and triggered RTH after 3 or 4 minutes. Total distance was 14 ft so it was essentially straight up. Antena was pointing up in a V shape. Before update I have never lost signal to RC before. Finally the RC shows firmware up to date, but the place on screen where it shows versions shows all the versions except the aircraft itself. In that place it shows what looks like a clock face without numbers like an asterisk with extra dashes. It shows dashes in each of the 12 hourly positions.
Versions
App. 4.1.18
Remote. 1.9.3
Aircraft. Just shows clock face described above.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

After I upgraded firmware on my P4 I get constant strong interference messages every second or two in a place I have rarely had that message before even though I have flown there many times .
If you feel the firmware update caused this problem, then why don't you just revert it?

If you feel the firmware update caused this problem, then why don't you just revert it?
Well there are a few reasons
1. I had been holding off on the firmware updates, but when I went to fly last week it locked me out and said I must update in order to unlock the controller and fly again. See attached picture.
2. I was hoping that there might be a tweak I could do to clear up the problem.
3. I would like to have the improved intelligent flight modes.
4. I worry that if I crash while flying with out of date firmware then they may not honor the extended warranty that still has a month or 2 left on it.
5. I didn't know I could revert the firmware, and if I did, wouldn't it lock me out again?
6. While I suspect the firmware may be the problem, I was hopeful that there were other reasons such as high sunspot activity that may be the true cause of the problem and was hoping those of you who know far more than me about these things might be able to shed more light on the problem and possible solutions.

Attachments

• 20171211_154242.jpg
    20171211_154242.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 425
Hey there! I know exactly what youre talking about. I get the same thing, especially when I am videoing with my P4P.

I would try 2 things that I have had somewhat success with:
1) Format your memory card. Weird, I know. I dont know what that has to do with anything, but it has somewhat helped.
2) Change your antennas on your controller from a V formation to a II formation. Having them be parallel is actually a DJI recommended formation.

Hope either of these helps.

Well I fired the P4 up and it gave me the "update required" message again, and I just let it update without reverting to old firmware or formatting the Samsung EVO Plus 256 GB SD card I had in there. The upgrade worked fine this time and now the Aircraft firmware now shows up as 200.0106 as I believe it should. I recalibrate everything again and flew it up to 400 ft and flew it around. It didn't disconnect from the controller and the strong interference messages are back down to a tolerable level during the flight. I took it down, powered everything down, switched batteries and flew it all the way back up again and it still is acting normal and not aking to update anymore. I did point the antenna straight up this time too. So for now all seems well although I have not tried the intellegent flight modes yet. Fingers crossed.

Well I fired the P4 up and it gave me the "update required" message again, and I just let it update without reverting to old firmware or formatting the Samsung EVO Plus 256 GB SD card I had in there. The upgrade worked fine this time and now the Aircraft firmware now shows up as 200.0106 as I believe it should. I recalibrate everything again and flew it up to 400 ft and flew it around. It didn't disconnect from the controller and the strong interference messages are back down to a tolerable level during the flight. I took it down, powered everything down, switched batteries and flew it all the way back up again and it still is acting normal and not aking to update anymore. I did point the antenna straight up this time too. So for now all seems well although I have not tried the intellegent flight modes yet. Fingers crossed.

Great to hear! Weird that it would update again, but that is awesome that it did.

I have the same problem with my p4 actually. When i sometimes open my app it sais update availeble in red. But it wouldnt let me download it. I even got a mesage that said im blocked to a thirty metre radius why would that be

I have the same problem with my p4 actually. When i sometimes open my app it sais update availeble in red. But it wouldnt let me download it. I even got a mesage that said im blocked to a thirty metre radius why would that be
You may be logged out of your account in the app. Open the app on the first screen, tap ME on the bottom right and click the gear icon in the top right corner. Scroll down to see if you are still signed in. Some people have have found that they are still logged in and the restrictions remain, in that case delete and reinstall the app (sync your flight records first).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31