Constant weak signal / Signal Lost

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on my 5th flight with my Phantom 3 standard now. I have visited various locations, a few open fields with nothing nearby and i also have a warning message saying strong interference. Following this, the last 2 flights i've been around 100 feet in the air and no more than 100 feet away and the image on my phone just goes black and it says weak controller signal ( or something like that ) Then after that, not all the time but it will say RC Signal lost and begin to return to home.

I'm struggling to fly it as this keeps happening now. I can't understand why. I've been to different locations and i've made sure i'm well away from any interference but it doesn't stop those strong interference detected warnings, It constantly flashes those on the top left on the app screen.

I don't know what more i can do? I believe i have the latest firmware, I haven't updated anything since i unboxed it but someone said it would prompt me if there was any updates when i connect with the app. Is this right?

If anyone has any tips or ideas on how i can fix these issues i would be very grateful as i can't really fly it with these issues. The LED on the control has stayed green so i know i have control, But i am very weary taking it up higher and further away if this keeps happening.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

The controller antennas have to be 90 degrees to drone and parallel. Example, the drone is 100 ft in front of you, the controller antennas have to be straight up.

Wow I have the p3std and every since I did the firmware update last month mine is doing the exact same thing so if you figure out what we should do plz post as I will do the same tks wonder if I can go back to old firmware I'll get ahold of dji keep in touch ok

Did you try re-linking it?

I can third that....ever since the new firmware very choppy video feed. I lowered the video tx/rx rate to the lowest and it is better but still not like the previous version.

I'd say not couse everything elese works fine so the rc has to be linked

Strong interference messages started 2 firmware updates ago with my P3S..still no fix?

I noticed that the tx likes channel 20 where I live...any other it just gets bombarded with all the wifi cable modems in the area.

I am having this same issue. It is so annoying. Sometimes I can't go over 200m without getting RC signal lost error. Funny thing is that, it wants to RTH then immediately I get RC connected again and can fly for a bit. Any help would be really appreciated. My video transmission seems fine at all times though. I have the latest DJI GO app for iOS and the latest firmware. Really regretting both of those decisions at the moment. My question is, where in the app can I go to try a different channel? I've yet to find where to change that...or can I anymore?

@q4quads, The OP posted in the Pro/Adv but stated "I'm on my 5th flight with my Phantom 3 standard now."
Some are not realizing this, you must have a Pro / Adv

Rod

Thanks Rod. I just now noticed I am in the wrong discussion too. Mine is a P3S. I will have to look around some more.

Thanks Rod. I just now noticed I am in the wrong discussion too. Mine is a P3S. I will have to look around some more.
Yeah, I new that. :)
Good luck your not going to like my links. ;)

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic