Upgrade to firmware 3.2

Fly Bry said:
so here is the video of descending from 1250 ft at 2m/s, the limit on the new firmware update.
Notice the left to right shutter from the stabilized camera, so the bird must have been rotating from an 8th to a quarter, the extent of the vortex with the limited descent speed. 3 minutes with the toggle straight down the whole time.

[vimeo]93440392/vimeo]

http://vimeo.com/93440392
did you come straight down without using right stick at all?

no, not in failsafe, left stick held straight down.

I also read that you should move laterally when descending fast to prevent vortex effect, dirty air, etc, causing crashes. The firmware update limits the descent speed to 2m/s from 3m/s I think. Was testing the difference actually by need, since i was at 1250 ft with 45% battery and could not get down fast enough.

Test pilot here.

You know i"ll be crying when i "test" this week-old bird into pieces.

That's pretty darn slow. I feel like the 3 m/s on previous update is to slow to. Understand why they do it, but wish there was an opt out.

neoneo said:
Fly Bry said:
so here is the video of descending from 1250 ft at 2m/s, the limit on the new firmware update.
Notice the left to right shutter from the stabilized camera, so the bird must have been rotating from an 8th to a quarter, the extent of the vortex with the limited descent speed. 3 minutes with the toggle straight down the whole time.

1250ft is quite high. It's way beyond the legal limit in New Zealand, which is 400ft. It took you 3mins to come straight down, but under vers 3 it would have taken 2mins, so not really that much difference. At least the footage looked very smooth. :)

Butcher99 said:
That's pretty darn slow. I feel like the 3 m/s on previous update is to slow to. Understand why they do it, but wish there was an opt out.
I wonder if the decent limit still applies in Manual Mode? That might be an option at the end of a flight.

i haven't updated yet and i descend FAST. i always pull forward or backwards to avoid "dirty air". sometime is starts making louder buzzing for a sec or 2 like it's fighting to stay level. it's scary. i'm thinking about upgrading. a slower descent sounds better. is there any bad issues with the update.

Maybe in the next firmware release, they can make the decent speed customization within a certain tolerance and a recommended default speed.

Same thing happened to me. I reloaded the download and did it again. Everything was fine after that. Then I recalibrated everything.

Butcher99 said:
You could go back to 1.08 and get 6 m/s while also opting out of the cylinder limits and airport lockouts and limits. You do lose FPV mode switch with 1.08 tho.

I usually never full throttle down, maybe just a few hairs below dead center on the left stick. I'd rather bring it down very slow than bring it down all at once in to a pile of shattered parts.

neoneo said:
so do you guys recommend upgrading

do not upgrade. totally crashed my system. flashing red lights and beeping constantly. transmitter led won't light up. "UPDATE FAILURE" and "UPDATE ERROR"
I took a video: http://youtu.be/f29BrDwel1g

are we supposed to click on the things that say latest version or just let the auto update do it's thing. cause when auto update is finished there are 3 things that say latest version ….
but when i click on them the update fails. and after last nights scare i don't want to mess with update errors ever again.

neoneo said:
neoneo said:
so do you guys recommend upgrading

do not upgrade. totally crashed my system. flashing red lights and beeping constantly. transmitter led won't light up. "UPDATE FAILURE" and "UPDATE ERROR"
I took a video: http://youtu.be/f29BrDwel1g

Mine did that also at the end but the upgrade did complete fine, after I rebooted everything and it's all fine. I'm on windows 7 if that does make a difference....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl