• firmware32.JPG
    firmware32.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,385
  • firmware3.22.JPG
    firmware3.22.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,337
jaykay2PT said:
just noticed the new firmware upgrade on the DJI site

On their website I'm seeing version 3.02 released today, not 3.2... Where'd you see this info?

That URL also pops up a 404, so that's apparently wrong too...

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
jaykay2PT said:

On their website I'm seeing version 3.02 released today, not 3.2... Where'd you see this info?

Thanks...
-slinger

I did the upgrade that is an actual screen capture of what it said!
Like DJI's screen still says V1.0.39 for the android app. but it is now 1.40

(that is why the URL doesn't work it is a screenshot)
left hand right hand??

jaykay2PT said:
gunslinger said:
jaykay2PT said:

Thanks...
-slinger

I did the upgrade that is an actual screen capture of what it said!
Like DJI's screen still says V1.0.39 for the android app. but it is now 1.40

(that is why the URL doesn't work it is a screenshot)
left hand right hand??

That's what I thought you were going to say... :shock:

So... When it installs it says v 3.20, but on their support website, for all P2 aircraft it says 3.02. And the URL quoted during the install process is also wrong. These guys are starting to scare me just a little bit... :D

-slinger

uh...i already think the decent is too slow..not wanting to go slower coming down... :lol:

besides that upgrade doesnt even apply to our birds ...the PV2 and plus models :geek:

Big Chips said:
uh...i already think the decent is too slow..not wanting to go slower coming down... :lol:

besides that upgrade doesnt even apply to our birds ...the PV2 and plus models :geek:

Version 3.02 is listed on P2, P2V, P2V+ download pages... This is apparently an upgrade for all P2 models. Either the screen the OP posted is wrong (imagine... DJI making a mistake... :D ) or the listing on the download pages is wrong. The description of updates is identical on both... so I think it's safe to assume whether it's 3.2 or 3.02 or whatever... It's the same update... :lol:

-sli

Big Chips said:

If you turn off the motor while decending, it'll come down much faster. Just remember to power it back on before getting to the desire height (or ground). Oh and allow some reaction time.

it wasn't posted when i looked...so if it is now...HELL no I am not upgrading...

I am now at 3./sec and i KNOW how to bring the bird down... pretty soon ...because people dont or cant fly correct these things will come down so slow it will eat up the batt and then fall out of the sky!

Can someone tell me what the stock firmware version out-of-the-box is for the P2V+ ? thanks

from DJI's "release notes" posted today. Sorry about the giant attachment

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 4.56.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 4.56.59 PM.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 526
i updated the firmware and took it out for a test. Took it straight up to 1250 ft and started to bring it back straight down. Man, it does descend slow. With toggle hard down, and no movement horizontally, no real evidence of wash issues, but it took a full 3 minutes to make it back.

Big Chips said:

can i pick you brain? when you hold the left stick all the way down for a few seconds it cuts the motors. will the same thing happen if you in the air descending and you hold it down all the way for a few seconds in a row?

i was concerned about that too, but can in no uncertain terms say it does not. I have it in the down position for 3 minutes without moving it.

neoneo said:
Big Chips said:

can i pick you brain? when you hold the left stick all the way down for a few seconds it cuts the motors. will the same thing happen if you in the air descending and you hold it down all the way for a few seconds in a row?

In same lines, does anyone know if the rotors stop if you hold both sticks to the bottom inner corners during flight?

plasmo said:
neoneo said:
Big Chips said:

In same lines, does anyone know if the rotors stop if you hold both sticks to the bottom inner corners during flight?

that would be my next question to.

The manual states that the motors will shut off if you perform the CSC.

neoneo said:
plasmo said:
neoneo said:

that would be my next question to.

so here is the video of descending from 1250 ft at 2m/s, the limit on the new firmware update.
Notice the left to right shutter from the stabilized camera, so the bird must have been rotating from an 8th to a quarter, the extent of the vortex with the limited descent speed. 3 minutes with the toggle straight down the whole time.

http://vimeo.com/93440392

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4