Upgrade my tablet

Reaction score
So now it's 2018 and my Nvidia (not k1) is showing some age. Broken screen and the fact that neither the K1 or the older vs is even available, I wanted some suggestions on what to upgrade to. My wife wants to get me the Samsung S tab 3 with Lte. Not only is it huge, I would have to place it on a table just to fly, but it is also quite expensive...but something that I would entertain. The reports of DJI's proprietary tablet just doesn't set well with me (not interested) and I'm more entertaining a second Android for the flexibility and side loading APK.'s.

What do you suggest? All feedback is welcome even if it's an Apple!

And.......start. cheers!

6th Gen iPad. A10 is significantly faster than any of the Androids in the same price range.

Reactions: Mix_
I just replaced my K1 with a Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4

Fast, bright, 262 at Amazon, 279 at Newegg

Just bought a Lenovo Tab4 8 for £99 (UK) and it works fine with DJI GO, GO4, Litchi and Pix4D. Screen bright enough so far (English spring light is like the dark side of the moon at the moment!).
Only issues will be the battery on the Lenovo, I had one, the battery failed within the warranty period, it was a known fault, they refuses to repair, claimed it must have been over charged, it hadnt and was a common fault of their tablets at that time, after that I wouldnt touch any item made by them

The specs on this will do the job nicely and the price is really good
1522759001579.png

The
HUAWEI MediaPad M3 LTE 64gb is looking really good.

To bad the M5 is not available in the US. If I really want it thought I could buy it from Amazon.it, they will sell it to the US.

Keep the options coming! I love the options!!

I've had an apple mini 2 for over a year. I use it for my mavic pro and phantom 3 pro. It works great and the mini 2 is fairly inexpensive.

Love my Samsung Tab A 10.1. It's big but i got used to it fast and i love the big screen. Fits in my P3A controller without a mod

Reactions: KentA
Love my Samsung Tab A 10.1. It's big but i got used to it fast and i love the big screen. Fits in my P3A controller without a mod
I have the exact same tablet. I can use it with the dji go app with my p3p but it caused problem with my mavic pro using dji go4 app. I found that it isn't one of the compatible tablets with the go 4 app.

Reactions: BrokenAero
Hi

I am looking for a tablet for a Phantom 4 Pro, that is priced under £50, I don't mind if it is used or not, but I don't want the app to be crashing all the time (the odd crash isn't an issue).
Does anyone have any experience with the super budget tablets for the Phantom 4 Pro or just the DJI Go 4 app/Litchi
There seem to be quite a few threads on this, but with technology changing so fast I think that there would be a better alternative than some of the other ones listed.
I am aware that the more expensive tablets are much better, but this would be solely for use with the DJI Go 4 app, litchi and a couple of other drone-related apps (like no fly zone maps).
Thanks so much
Olly

Olly,
If you don't want to buy a table at the premium price and want it to hold up to trusting your gear flying...I'd look at used equipment. A great site called www.swappa.com you will find loads of used phones and tablets for a fraction of the price.

I currently use the Nvidia tablet. It's a great tablet with great specs, but it also has been sub par, with lagging and crashes of the late. And I'm using older firmware and apps that in the past never gave me problems.

I'm starting to lean towards the better Apple and Android tablets now. Buy once..not twice!

Damien

I have the exact same tablet. I can use it with the dji go app with my p3p but it caused problem with my mavic pro using dji go4 app. I found that it isn't one of the compatible tablets with the go 4 app.
Interesting. I will be careful to whom I recommend it.

I use Samsung Tab Pro 8.4. Not as big as the 10.1, but it fits in the cutout I made in my carrying case. No carrier, so no extra processes dragging on the battery.

Ughhh...it's killing me, not able to make a choice. It shouldn't be so hard but when your willing to drop more than $300 on something, I want it to be dope!

The options I'm really gunning for:
Huawei M5 (not available in the USA yet, could order it from Italy of Germany)
Huawei M3 (nice but showing it's age)
Samsung S2 (might just go with this one, but I wish it was a S3!)
Samsung S3 (I love the specs, but do I really want a 10" book that is close to $500?)
Apple mini 2 (duno...would be my first Apple. Not open source, wouldn't be able to side load older APK's...or would I?)
Apple iPad 6 generation (still an Apple...would be the fist in my collection since the first iPod!)

Thanks for the options...I just need to make up my mind...ughh!o_O

Reactions: Scott Steiner
IPad Pro 9.7. Perfection. You can't buy them new but they're still available. Just do some looking.

No need to go for 9,7” pro - the new 6th gen iPad is at very attractive price and newer processor
-I use 9,7” Pro 128GB WiFi + Cellurar myself, and its very good, but 2 years passed allreaduy. Pro has a better screen (P3 gamut etc), but that’s not very close related to flying.

So, my 2 cents:
Depending on budget and needs additional to flying,
go for either the 10,5” Pro or the new 9,7” iPad
If Your budget is more limited, there should appear the 5th gen ipads for reduced price (very decent specs, too)

Regarding Android tabs - my experiance says, that one of two - or total sub-par quality crap, or the price same or exceeds iPad (as a tech journalist i got quite many for testing), and because of better app ecosystem Apple beats them easy (for Android, You’ll barely find any tablet-screen-size optimized apps (ok, there’s a bunch of preinstalled)).

The thing that most forget is that you’re not just buying a decent iPad but it’s an amazing tablet with THOUSANDS of native apps. Not phone apps blown up. Plus a bunch of really amazing creative apps that can work with all the media you shooter n the drone INCLUDING editing 4K video natively. You need to fly? Buy whatever. Even the new iPad 6 is amazing. Want to do more then get the pro and don’t look back.

There are people here that have successfully found SOME android tablets that work for flying but the iPad is such a great device beyond that.

It’s no replacement for a pc or Mac but it’s pretty amazing and is pretty **** stable.

Reactions: NoTech64

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie