Updating Controller Firmware Question

Bateman233, see my link above. You should be able to update the remote controller using a memory card.

Has not worked for me like that whatsoever. I updated the aircraft. Then I downloaded the app, connected my iphone 6 to the controller and nowhere has it told me to update the controller. Has not prompted me to update whatsoever.
As noted by others some have to use usb or flashdrive to do controller not sure why this is happening
I Just received a replacement P3 from Amazon this morning and did updates without a hitch that's 3 I've done and no issues sorry yours didn't go as expected .
However the directions for install are included in the downloaded firmware file you used on your bird since you missed them here they are

Attachments

• How_To_Upgrade_Firmware_en.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Many people plug their memory card into a memory card reader. A USB stick will work too though.
Thanks for your help, got the RC to update correctly. ONE more question, after updating the aircraft, when you put a new battery in will it make the scratching update noise for awhile? The camera light was blinking but now it is a steady green, however, the aircraft is still making that update noise...is it ok to turn it off?

Twhen you put a new battery in will it make the scratching update noise for awhile? The camera light was blinking but now it is a steady green, however, the aircraft is still making that update noise...is it ok to turn it off?
This is as-designed. Solid green means the update finished installing on the battery. You need to turn off your Phantom and restart it.

See step #41 here for more details:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

Do this:

1) Make sure the remote controller has at least 50% battery level.
2) Connect your mobile device to the Internet.
3) Verify that you have at least 30 MB of free space on your mobile device.
4) Turn on your remote controller and connect it to your mobile device via USB/Lightning cable.
5) In the DJI GO app, go to Camera View --> System Status bar --> Overall Status. Tap download the firmware update package to download and
update the firmware. Track the update progress from the progress bar in the DJI GO App.
6) The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

And, Bob is your uncle. There is no need to invent additional steps ;)
How many pilots have mobile device with 30M free memory? My iphone certainly doesn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4