P3 Firmware Updated to 1.7.90

Reaction score
New to the drone world had my phantom 3drone standard for about one month prompt me to update firmware version 1.7.90 yesterday download complete now I get main controller error message, barometer error won't let me fly all lights green camera works no GPS

This is my first attempt to fly a drone, so please offer any help with that in mind.

We started flying yesterday and was able to record videos and take pictures.

A panel in the app (shown at the bottom) indicated a firmware update was needed.

We attempted the upgrade and since that time have been unable
to record videos or take pictures.

The middle image indicates that the firmware was downloaded. As soon as I hit Start Update, I get a pop up (top image) indicating that an SD Card is detected, but to insert the SD card.

I have shut everything down, and restarted. That doesn't help.

The red lights are solid and the green lights are blinking rapidly.

The app is installed on an iPad Air 2.

Help?
IMG_4699.PNG
IMG_4698.PNG
IMG_4700.PNG

I pulled the SD card and formatted it on my computer. That did not work. When the goapp is open, it still shows NO SD CARD.

I bought a 32g SD card....tried it..it still shows NO SD CARD.

I uninstalled the goapp from my iPad air 2. Reinstalled. Didn't help.

I did not try to update the firmware via goapp.

Pursuant to a formatting video I found on youtube, I plugged the drone into my computer via USB.

Typically, when you plug something into a PC, the PC recognizes there is something new.

The computer does not seem to realize there is an SD card (neither the 8g or 32g) plugged into the drone, but the Remaining Capacity section of the goapp (where previously is said No SD Card) it now reads "Connected to USB" and the drone is making a slow beeping sound.

I purchased a new Phantom 3 standard today.

Unless I can find a solution fairly quickly, the P3 I bought Friday will be returned.

Everything was fine until we tried to update the firmware to 1.7.90

Sorry to hear that. It may have been a dodgy sd card reader in the phantom. Can I make a suggestion? Take back the two standards and get the advanced version. Believe me.. It will be worth it

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bought 2nd Phantom 3 Standard....brought it home...it had been bought and returned as I could see some wear.

Fired it up....got "gimble disconnected" error.

Both drones have been returned.

Just picked up #3.

I will NOT be updating the firmware.

Last edited:
Bought 2nd Phantom 3 Standard....brought it home...it have been bought and returned as I could see some wear.

Fired it up....got "gimble disconnected" error.

Both drones have been returned.

Just picked up #3.

I will NOT be updating the firmware.
Hope this one works

This is our first drone....I want to see if this is something we'll enjoy for a while. Plus, the advanced is 2.7k...same as the standard.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga