Update on my replaced P4P that went badly wrong

I'm glad they are taking it back, but if you have a drone returned to you with the same serial number on the paperwork, surly it should be the same drone/ Have you spoken to them on this matter?
The serial number on the returned paperwork is my old P4P number, the serial number on the drone they sent is a completely different number and no mention of this serial number on any paperwork

I feel for you. Just awful service. Hope your sorted soon.
Thank you, It has knocked a big hole in the confidence I had with DJI as a company, I do hope it was just and oversight or whatever on their part and they will send a new one out to me like they should have done in the first place.

just file a repair request with them for the camera tilt, more than likely they will send you a new unit.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
"While a product or part replaced by DJI may not be new, it will be in good working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part will be covered under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty."

just file a repair request with them for the camera tilt, more than likely they will send you a new unit.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
"While a product or part replaced by DJI may not be new, it will be in good working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part will be covered under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty."
When you send your drone back for repair and get one back with such a loose ill fitting battery compartment you can hardly state that it is in good serviceable condition !!!
Product and Part Replacement
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
While a product or part replaced by DJI may not be new, it will be in good working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part will be covered under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty. Hardly rings true now does it.

Glad that DJI is taking it back, if it was just one battery easy fix, but if it's all batteries, that's not acceptable. Sounds like the drone itself rather than the battery.

When you send your drone back for repair and get one back with such a loose ill fitting battery compartment you can hardly state that it is in good serviceable condition !!!
Product and Part Replacement
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
While a product or part replaced by DJI may not be new, it will be in good working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part will be covered under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty. Hardly rings true now does it.

Exactly, that is why I would send it in again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I too am having similar problems with DJI Support. I was flying the other day for 5 minutes, fine, no problems, then AC stalled midair, while throttle on RC was forward speed. AC dropped out of air. I was at Embry-Riddle RC Field. I got an invoice from DJI stating, pay this amount and we Weill fix. They listed reason for denying warranty was: OP flew AC behind mountain losing signal, AC returned to home, crashing into mountain. OP error, don't fly behind objects. There are no mountains or tall objects at the RC field! I sent several requests for DJI to have another tech review. I get no response. Obviously, the tech didn't even review for warranty, they simply estimated repair bill and denied warranty. And like you said, if I pay the bill, I may end up with someone else's AC that has problems. Unbelievable

I too am having similar problems with DJI Support. I was flying the other day for 5 minutes, fine, no problems, then AC stalled midair, while throttle on RC was forward speed. AC dropped out of air. I was at Embry-Riddle RC Field. I got an invoice from DJI stating, pay this amount and we Weill fix. They listed reason for denying warranty was: OP flew AC behind mountain losing signal, AC returned to home, crashing into mountain. OP error, don't fly behind objects. There are no mountains or tall objects at the RC field! I sent several requests for DJI to have another tech review. I get no response. Obviously, the tech didn't even review for warranty, they simply estimated repair bill and denied warranty. And like you said, if I pay the bill, I may end up with someone else's AC that has problems. Unbelievable

Do you have the DAT file from the craft or the TXT log from your device for that flight? Also you might want to create your own thread if you want to post the DAT/TXT so we can look at them.

I have the DJI txt flight record. "With the birds" already looked at it and gave me an opinion.

Who are you? And how can you help me resolve this issue with DJI Support.

It's all very sad to have the problems I am having and others are having problems too like posts above, why can't they just do what needs to be done and replace with new when the drones are only a month old

It's all very sad to have the problems I am having and others are having problems too like posts above, why can't they just do what needs to be done and replace with new when the drones are only a month old
The post above was for a p3 not a p4p. His situation is also very different.

Any dealings I've had with the DJI people in China has never been a good experience. I have come to the conclusion that the Chinese do not care, but one has to remember that we are dealing with Communists.

Get a refund and get two Autel X-Star Premiums for the same price. A swappable camera module comparable to the P4P camera is coming out soon for the X-Star Premium.

Any dealings I've had with the DJI people in China has never been a good experience. I have come to the conclusion that the Chinese do not care, but one has to remember that we are dealing with Communists.
I've had problems dealing with capitalists as well. ;)

Typical racist comments.

Have you tried to get rid every Chinese made products you have now.

If you did, I bet you are nude and bare foot.

Get a refund and get two Autel X-Star Premiums for the same price. A swappable camera module comparable to the P4P camera is coming out soon for the X-Star Premium.
I think I'll just stick with the best camera-drone, not something that might be compared to the best...:)

Let's go easy on the Chinese guys as that's where our birds came from
and I also have had to deal with DJI and have always had positive results .
LMMV but please lets not make any more racist comments .:)

Excuse me? Would you like to retype that again using your none Chinese phone/laptop? Just for your information I think they are one of the best and kindest people on earth. One guy who I never met sent me over £1500 worth of products which we're 3 electric unicycles and 2 robots and despite not even meeting me, he offered me the job of head of Europe for arduino robots. And my fiancee is also Filipino or is that a problem to? And yes... I am a white English man if your wondering

Neon Euc

Reactions: Techcop50
This will get back On Topic Now or I will just close this .
robot.gif
Warning Warning

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94