P3 Firmware Update horrors

Reaction score
Well i think these phantoms are rightly named because they drive you to dispear nearly 3 months of countless videos numerous attempts to force update or downgrade replacing cameras and antennas my p3se still does nothing all i get is signall weak and connect aircraft but i have noticed this in the dji app but no matter wat i do i cant change it
15917409045637654964152987942718.jpg

I assume because it cannot update any farther than it already is. In the box that says select firmware version it says none. If you do a search in this forum, you will find many threads referring to the weak signal and what others have done to correct the problem.

Reactions: Capt KO
Omg it's as frustrating as my partner the worse bit is unlike when the missus sh....ts you you go out for a fish or something , these blinken things just keep going bake to it and trying to fix it

So would you not recommend a P3 of any kind at this point?
A P3SE and P34K use WiFi for signal where as P3P and P3P used lightbridge for signal. My personal preference is the P3P and P3A. Never have a problem with them,,,and have flown out over 10,000 feet without loss of signal. Of coarse I now fly VLOS, but no worries about signal.

Reactions: gunner370
Omg it's as frustrating as my partner the worse bit is unlike when the missus sh....ts you you go out for a fish or something , these blinken things just keep going bake to it and trying to fix it
I’m not a fan of P3’s that use WiFi, especially in high WiFi interference areas like in high populated areas.

Reactions: Capt KO
A P3SE and P34K use WiFi for signal where as P3P and P3P used lightbridge for signal. My personal preference is the P3P and P3A. Never have a problem with them,,,and have flown out over 10,000 feet without loss of signal. Of coarse I now fly VLOS, but no worries about signal.
Got my P3A over 2 years ago, updated shortly after and have never updated since. Never had any bother so don't see any point in changing what ain't broken.

This whole process is an all encompassing endeavour. When you consider all of the complexity and interacting tech I have come to the conclusion that the thrill and the sense of accomplishment when that bird comes back from a 20 minute mission is all the reward I need

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Got my P3A over 2 years ago, updated shortly after and have never updated since. Never had any bother so don't see any point in changing what ain't broken.
Haven't flown my P3a in 18 months. Have new phone now. The software I download to put on my phone will be a much newer version. Will they still talk to each other?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.